Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m actually flabbergasted that people actually want that scrawny ginger puke to win the Royal Rumble. But not only that, they want him to dethrone ROMAN REIGNS???
There is only one man who is winning the rumble and one man taking down the Tribal Chief.

That man is Cody Rhodes.
The only man who makes sense to do it, the buildup to the match will be insane. The sheer wrestling history on the line with that matchup is just mind blowing. And dumb marks want that all pissed away so they can have a cheap pop and then turn on the goofy Canadian idiot a month later when they get bored of him sucking. The best course of action for Zayn is to link back up with Owens and face the Usos at mania.

· Registered
357 Posts
I think the way Bloodline story is going and how Kevin Owens is constantly getting involved in this storyline since Survivor series

I think it's Sami and Owens vs USOS for tag titles and finally USOS get dethroned which is also rumored match at WrestleMania

Which leaves Cody Rhodes or Seth Rollins or part timer for Roman Reigns

But they can change the plans and have Sami win since he's over with the crowd

· Premium Member
13,457 Posts
I don't want him to win the Rumble at all.

This whole thing started with Sami and the Usos. In all honesty, Sami feels like small fry for Roman. They can steal a PLE out of it, but not WrestleMania.

It seems pretty clear that this will be the chain of events:
Reigns will try and force Sami to do something to Owens at the Rumble, Sami will refuse
The Bloodline will turn on Sami either immediately or the night after and write him off TV for a week or two
Sami returns and gets a title match against Reigns at the February PLE, Usos cost him
Sami reunites with Owens to defeat The Usos at WrestleMania

· Angry at refs
7,815 Posts
Cody isn't

And Sami isn't boring in THIS story as part of the bloodline
Once he leaves bloodline he will lose it all
Cody is. The only time he wasn't was the first few months of being undashing.

Seeing as Sami is the only non-boring part of the bloodline storyline, I'm willing to give him a chance. Hell, Mark Henry was boring as fuck outside of his HoP run, yet he worked out great.

· Registered
953 Posts
Cody is. The only time he wasn't was the first few months of being undashing.

Seeing as Sami is the only non-boring part of the bloodline storyline, I'm willing to give him a chance. Hell, Mark Henry was boring as fuck outside of his HoP run, yet he worked out great.
And as soon as he changed what made him popular (HoP) it stopped

For Sami it IS being in the blood line. Take away the blood line you take away his HoP.

He'll be like countless other wrestlers were they win the belt then flop. His gimick works as a loyal lackey that's all

· Registered
10,293 Posts
Name anyone else more interesting atm. Whether one likes Zayn or not, everyone else is boring.
Away from the current storyline he's not all that interesting himself. Even in this storyline he's mostly been a lackey/sidekick including a lot of the time being a comedy lackey. Add in the fact that the last few months have been a continual regurgitation of the "can Sami be trusted" schtick.

At this point I'd be slightly shocked if The Bloodline were the ones to actually cause the split(they've literally been on the verge of kicking him to the curb on numerous occasions and still haven't). After Monday Sami has to see that they'll never fully trust him and by having Jey be the only one who trusts him they all but told everyone that he and not Roman is the member of the Bloodline that will take Sami betraying them most personally.

Plus what the hell do you do with Sami AFTER his story with the bloodline concludes? He's talented but people aren't invested specifically in Sami as much as they are invested in Sami in this particular scenario.

This isn't a Steve Austin situation where a guy just gets so HOT(not that the angle with Bret didn't do a lot to help) that you can put him with anyone and it just works so you can buy time between major programs like Austin in the fall of 1997.

I don't want him to win the Rumble at all.

This whole thing started with Sami and the Usos. In all honesty, Sami feels like small fry for Roman. They can steal a PLE out of it, but not WrestleMania.

It seems pretty clear that this will be the chain of events:
Reigns will try and force Sami to do something to Owens at the Rumble, Sami will refuse
The Bloodline will turn on Sami either immediately or the night after and write him off TV for a week or two
Sami returns and gets a title match against Reigns at the February PLE, Usos cost him
Sami reunites with Owens to defeat The Usos at WrestleMania
Wouldn't Sami refusing to help The Bloodline in effect be HIM turning on THEM thus justifying whatever the Bloodline does to him as a reprisal for "going against the family"?

What reasoning would there be for him to get a title shot after he betrayed them? Why would Reigns even care about Sami if he's still champion(clearly having bigger fish to fry with the Rumble winner)? How do you account for the fact that Jey is clearly the member of the Bloodline with the most personal connection to Sami?

There's a lot of leaps in logic required to get from Sami refusing to do the Bloodline's(when all of them but Jey already don't trust him as far as Heyman could throw him) bidding to him getting a shot at the top dog. That's a lot of story to tell in three weeks especially if Sami is going to be off TV for two of them.

· Registered
15,756 Posts

For Sami it IS being in the blood line. Take away the blood line you take away his HoP.

He'll be like countless other wrestlers were they win the belt then flop. His gimick works as a loyal lackey that's all
Zayn carried the conspiracy storyline by himself for a year and got a high profile match at last years WM out of it so clearly he had something that was interesting fans and Vince pre Bloodline.

The second part is just your assumption. Whoever beats Reigns has an unenviable task of replacing one of the greatest title reins in company history and biggest drawing card in a decade+. Zayn has proved himself to be an incredible and beloved baby face during his 18 month long storyline to title in NXT, Cody on flipside by booed by his own fans in a company he created as a baby face.

I mean if we using NXT and AEW as trial runs for who would be best baby face champion on WWE main roster then Zayn wins hands down

· Premium Member
3,376 Posts
It’s not that I want him to win because we all have our favourites, but mine are not royal rumble winning calibre superstars ie Ziggler and Miz. But absolutely, I far prefer Sami Zayn to win RR ‘23 compared to Cody Rhodes or Bray Wyatt who can win any year, but especially more than part timers like The Rock 😴

· Angry at refs
7,815 Posts
Away from the current storyline he's not all that interesting himself. Even in this storyline he's mostly been a lackey/sidekick including a lot of the time being a comedy lackey. Add in the fact that the last few months have been a continual regurgitation of the "can Sami be trusted" schtick.

At this point I'd be slightly shocked if The Bloodline were the ones to actually cause the split(they've literally been on the verge of kicking him to the curb on numerous occasions and still haven't). After Monday Sami has to see that they'll never fully trust him and by having Jey be the only one who trusts him they all but told everyone that he and not Roman is the member of the Bloodline that will take Sami betraying them most personally.

Plus what the hell do you do with Sami AFTER his story with the bloodline concludes? He's talented but people aren't invested specifically in Sami as much as they are invested in Sami in this particular scenario.

This isn't a Steve Austin situation where a guy just gets so HOT(not that the angle with Bret didn't do a lot to help) that you can put him with anyone and it just works so you can buy time between major programs like Austin in the fall of 1997.
So you shouldn't push anyone if they aren't Austin levels? No one has been at Austin levels since Cena, should no one else be given a chance? You act like people are asking for Sami to be in the main event from now on. You give the guy a shot, if his 3 months or so flops, you move on. That's how the business works.

That isn't up for me to decide. They have writers, write Sami a story or two instead of giving one to Corbin, a guy no one cares about.

Sami has been a fan favourite multiple times in his career, though. He's SO easy to book. Make him the underdog and the crowd eats it up.
His Bloodline run is exactly that, and underdog story of being accepted by the group. All they have to do is pivot it once it concludes.

Who cares if it flops? Just enjoy it for what it is. No one is asking for him to carry the company on his back for the next 15 years.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
I’m actually flabbergasted that people actually want that scrawny ginger puke to win the Royal Rumble. But not only that, they want him to dethrone ROMAN REIGNS???
Worse things have happened

There is only one man who is winning the rumble and one man taking down the Tribal Chief.

That man is Cody Rhodes.
This fool?

The only man who makes sense to do it, the buildup to the match will be insane. The sheer wrestling history on the line with that matchup is just mind blowing.
ummmm, where?

If anything this argument favours Sami the most, as he’s been involved in this storyline for over six months now. Your Cody came back, had 3 matches, didn’t interact with the GOAT at all, and got injured.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts