Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a few days ago I would happily defend his no-selling and inability to do anything interesting as part of his gimmick, and pushed safe working (much like Orton and Cena), however I have recently come to the conclusion that although he is clearly pushed to no-sell certain attacks, he doesn't take any decent bumps.

Perfect examples are, well, pretty much every match that goes longer than 5 minutes. Sheamus will 'fall' to the outside, often landing softly, or even more often, landing on his feet.

TL;DR, I lost respect for Sheamus. My opinion hardly matters but I figured I'd post it.

·
Banned
990 Posts
Re: I've lost all respect for Sheamus.

Wow really?

3 Sheamus Hate threads is one week. That's incredible. I think he's the only person outside Cena and Punk to reach that.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts

He should be thrown off the hell in cell onto the Spanish announce table.Will that then make you respect Sheamus?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Wow really?

3 Sheamus Hate threads is one week. That's incredible. I think he's the only person outside Cena and Punk to reach that.
Hate?

If it were a hate thread I wouldn't be nice.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,428 Posts

Now cry about Cena bumping on his sides and ass like a Diva for the past 5 years. Only fair.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Now cry about Cena bumping on his sides and ass like a Diva for the past 5 years. Only fair.
Because I don't mention Cena it doesn't mean I think Cena's fine at taking bumps and selling. It just means he has nothing to do with Sheamus.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts

Like you said, this is how he has been booked and a part of it is them trying to keep him fit, free of injuries. They can't afford to have Sheamus get injured now after investing so much time into him. This is not Sheamus' fault.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

Like you said, this is how he has been booked and a part of it is them trying to keep him fit, free of injuries. They can't afford to have Sheamus get injured now after investing so much time into him. This is not Sheamus' fault.
Half and half. Even Cena will take the occasional fall-out-of-ring bump, whereas Sheamus often takes these bumps as soft as he possibly can. I don't think that, even though he is told to no-sell as part of his gimmick, he is told to purposely land softly.

OP places a lot of investment into how a wrestler bumps.
As I should.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

At the end of the day, Sheamus is one the most dull world champions of all time.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,772 Posts

I have to admit I absolutely love Sheamus' wrestling style and moveset but just about everything else about the guy is Cena-Lite which makes for some cringeworthy television unfortunately.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I was happy when he won the Royal Rumble but lost my respect for him after Wrestlemania

He should drop the title soon or else things could go worse from here

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I have to admit I absolutely love Sheamus' wrestling style and moveset but just about everything else about the guy is Cena-Lite which makes for some cringeworthy television unfortunately.
The entire concept behind Sheamus' in ring gimmick is great. Out of the ring he pulls terrible contradictory promos and in the ring he doesn't sell as well as he can.

·
Banned
584 Posts
Does Sheamus intentionally no-sell injuries or what?

Whats with the guy no selling injuries, attacks/offense? Is that done intentionally by him?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Re: Does Sheamus intentionally no-sell injuries or what?

A lot of top faces no sell, so it's not just him, that's traditional top star booking. Although the kickouts at one are intentional cause nobody else kicks out at one, ever. That's just him being a dick to his opponents.

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
Re: Does Sheamus intentionally no-sell injuries or what?

He's the John Cena of Smackdown. What were you expecting?

·
Registered
214 Posts

whether you like it or not, haters !
THIS MAN IS THE FUTEURE
Since defeating Danny boy for the title in a jaw-dropping 18 seconds at WrestleMania 28, "The Great White" has successfully defended his crown at the next pay-per-view events.
The king is the best go sheamus.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.