Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only just watched Raw from monday and i've just realised i've had enough of WWE. It's just fucking boring.

I'll try and keep this short.

Autumn 2010 - I start watching again after an 7 or 8 year absence, simply because my kids are getting into it. Nexus angle is pretty good. Couple of months later, Cena conquers. Ok, fair enough, Cena's new to me, he's not too bad. Ending to feud seemed a bit daft but entertaining nonetheless.

WM 27 time - Rock announced as guest host. Great! An old fave of mine, should be good. WM27 comes, fucking crap. Taker/HHH saves it for me from total disaster.

A mixed bag so far, but for some reason, i'm watching every week. Maybe it's just because i'm still getting to know everyone.

Early summer 2011 - Getting a bit annoyed at all the kiddie friendly shit now. R-Truth, water bottles and all. Cena's starting to piss me off.

July 2011 - Punk promo/MITB. Amazing. For the first time i'm excited about something to the point where i'm regularly checking the internet. HHH shows up. Great! Nash shows up. Surely Punk's going over 1 of them? No. HHH wins, oh and now Punk's a standard babyface. No anti-hero storyline. No major invasion. Fuck all. What a let down.

Survivor series 2011 - Rock's return to the ring after 7 years away. Can't wait for this. But oh, what's this, he's teaming with Cena and facing 2 nobodies. Not so excited now, but i'll order it anyway. Another massive let down.

I'm watching every week, but a pattern seems to be developing. WWE come up with good ideas, and then manage to fuck it all up in the end.

No worries though, Rock/Cena is going to be amazing. Surely they can't fuck up that up? Well WM28 buys suggest not, but for me, most of it ends up being shit. Other things are keeping me interested by this point though. Bryan is surprisingly good, Punk/Jericho is ok, Johnny Ace is amazing, things seem to be a little more edgy.

WM 28 - Very good ppv. Much better than last year. Some good matches. The night after on Raw, Lesnar is back! Fuck me, business is picking up. He's going after Cena too, even better. Extreme Rules build up is great. Cena/Lesnar match is great. Attitude era throwback! Stiff shots, blood, crowd into it. Wow, they really are getting their edge back! Oh wait a minute, Cena wins. What. The. Fuck. Why?

Last week's Raw, Lesnar breaks HHH's arm. Ok, Lesnar/HHH feud is moderately interesting. Cena's taking a break aswell right? Wrong. He's going to be at OTL, and he's facing Johnny fucking Ace! What is happening? Not only is he able to go over Lesnar after almost being killed, he is able to get away with no character change, no heel turn, no time off, still in the main event, with a new heel to go over. Vince, ffs, please do something different with this twat!

Monday's Raw - No Lesnar. Punk's boring me now. Cena's annoying me more than ever. Then it dawned on me, HHH is going over Brock Lesnar at a ppv in the near future, and i can't bear to even watch it.

It's took a year and a half, but Vince has managed to ensure i spend another few years away from watching WWE. I mean, they just manage to fuck everything up nowadays. The raw talent is there within the roster, but the booking and storytelling is atrocious, compared to what it used to be anyway.

I just had to get that off my chest before i fuck off. I really don't know how you people have put up with this super Cena bullshit for so long. Good luck with all that, and goodbye. :frustrate

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
Seems like the Purple Gloves...are off!

Smart though to put this in rants where a lot of people will comment on it. In any of the wrestling sections it would either get buried or locked.

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
I TL;DR it but I assume it's a "I started watching again because of certain things but not anymore because *insert wrestler/storyline* is gone/stupid now.". If it is, see you next week.

·
Boiling ramen at 1am because life is still happeni
4,206 Posts
I cannot possibly be the only one who had Wade Barrett's theme in my head when I read the thread title.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Mhm you should put this into wrestling sections. Seen much of these over there. You should go ahead and join them. In here we do rants and not talks.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
It's amazing how the WWE can have The Rock and Lesnar return and yet still manage to make their shows feel underwhelming.

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
I cannot possibly be the only one who had Wade Barrett's theme in my head when I read the thread title.
I thought it would be about Wade Barret breaking his arm, lol.

That's why I moved it here.
OP, there is other wrestling (current & older) you can watch besides WWE.
lol, so it was put there. You're Pretty Good, Clique.

Reactions: Clique

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Can we make a subforum for people to post rants saying that they've had enough and they quit forever? We have the thread quantity to justify it.

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
I TL;DR it but I assume it's a "I started watching again because of certain things but not anymore because *insert wrestler/storyline* is gone/stupid now.". If it is, see you next week.
This exactly.

Take this bullshit and fuck off from Rants OP.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well I thought it was a good read, people invest a lot of time into this product and I think the OP has every right to get all that off his chest... Just like anyone else who's watched this show week in week out for years. Kinda reminds me of the non-sympathetic people in trains that get delayed because of a suicide. I empathise with you OP, but I do think you've set your standards extremely high. It's now PG making it largely a family show and that is exactly why you're sick of it, the difference between now and the Ruthless Aggression era is vast. Guys like Lesnar and Heyman are not the dominant and prominent forces they were anymore unfortunately. Cena draws kids and creates revenue, you just have to realise that it's changed significantly to stick to watching this and your expectations have to be more realistic.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts