Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
They should bring in Flair to carry his ass like he did his entire career. The best Sting was when he was off TV being mysterious and hiding in the rafters. Not wrestling or talking.

·
13,221 Posts
I've seen his threads and I know what Dan is about.

This thread has nothing to do with Seth or KO though and I happen to share his sentiments towards Sting.
So you can see why I don't trust his intentions? I know you got issues with the mods but I don't like trolling and if you have a history of trolling threads it's hard to differentiate between good and bad threads

·
Registered
616 Posts
So you can see why I don't trust his intentions? I know you got issues with the mods but I don't like trolling and if you have a history of trolling threads it's hard to differentiate between good and bad threads
I get the feeling that you don't know whether he's actually trolling or not. He really shot himself in the foot with his endless 'KO draws more than you-know-who' threads. If he would just tone down the hyperbole a bit...

PS: I don't have a problem with you, Fire. I think you're doing a good job. I have a problem with Chrome for reasons you probably know.

·
Registered
847 Posts
AEW have a wrestling icon on their roster and decided to waste one of his few remaining in-ring performances on Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky 😂😂😂

Cody vs Sting was the way to go here, and that comes from a Cody hater.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
He hasn't been awful, he has far exceeded what I was expecting of him in terms of actually wrestling, sorry but it goes to show how entitled wrestling fans behave, the guy had life threatening injury that could easily leave him paralysed and yet him getting back in the ring at his age as well and putting on a decent performance is still not good enough for some fans.

The only issues with sting in aew is not so much to do with him but on aew itself for not holding back on his appearances on the regular shows and really trying to make him a special attraction rather than just another guy on the roster and the other issue is schiavone 's it's stiiiiiiiiiing catch phrase, it's getting a bit old now.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Is there any reason why since 1997 Sting has never reverted back to his surfer persona? If even for one match or a promo or something like that?

He was a multi time champion for about 10 years as the surfer Sting. I get the crow gimmick was popular but so was the surfer one.

You would think in all those years he could have, even if just one night or promo or whatever, gone back to original Sting.

Its like Hogan never going back to the yellow and red after he became Hollywood.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Sting has no business pinning any of the guys in Team Taz or even Ethan Page and Scorpio. A 60 year old doesn't need to be dominating young guys this much, let alone pinning them in the end. These booking decisions will hardly be memorable, at least in my mind.
Did you see the crowd reaction. Scorpio sky has literally never had a reaction like that in his career ever.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Is there any reason why since 1997 Sting has never reverted back to his surfer persona? If even for one match or a promo or something like that?

He was a multi time champion for about 10 years as the surfer Sting. I get the crow gimmick was popular but so was the surfer one.

You would think in all those years he could have, even if just one night or promo or whatever, gone back to original Sting.

Its like Hogan never going back to the yellow and red after he became Hollywood.
He looks too old to pull it off now.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
AEW have a wrestling icon on their roster and decided to waste one of his few remaining in-ring performances on Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky 😂😂😂

Cody vs Sting was the way to go here, and that comes from a Cody hater.
Fans like you are the reason AEW hired him. His few remaining in-ring performances were 20 years ago.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Fans like you are the reason AEW hired him. His few remaining in-ring performances were 20 years ago.
I’m not sure what you mean by ‘fans like you’ but I’ll elaborate on my position anyway.

Sting is a 60 year old legend who suffered what was thought to be a career ending injury in WWE and had a bad send off by losing his final matches.

Now, if I was in charge, considering his age and injuries I would probably avoid having him wrestle, however, there’s definitely some benefit in having him as a manager (or even general manager) who occasionally hits the ring with his bat to help the lone babyface against the heels.

Once Sting was already signed, if he decided he wanted a match, then I would make it a marquee match with one of the show’s top stars (not 2 low card guys like Page and Sky) and give him the win he didn’t get in WWE to sign off a great career at the home of the modern day WCW, which is AEW.

As Sting would be winning there’s no point making it a championship match so I’d use Cody as he is the most pushed/prominent non-champion they have, is a safe enough worker, and there’s history there due to Dusty/Dustin and he’s Cody’s hero/favourite wrestler.

It would be similar to Rock vs Hogan, just with less star power.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I’m not sure what you mean by ‘fans like you’ but I’ll elaborate on my position anyway.

Sting is a 60 year old legend who suffered what was thought to be a career ending injury in WWE and had a bad send off by losing his final matches.

Now, if I was in charge, considering his age and injuries I would probably avoid having him wrestle, however, there’s definitely some benefit in having him as a manager (or even general manager) who occasionally hits the ring with his bat to help the lone babyface against the heels.

Once Sting was already signed, if he decided he wanted a match, then I would make it a marquee match with one of the show’s top stars (not 2 low card guys like Page and Sky) and give him the win he didn’t get in WWE to sign off a great career at the home of the modern day WCW, which is AEW.

As Sting would be winning there’s no point making it a championship match so I’d use Cody as he is the most pushed/prominent non-champion they have, is a safe enough worker, and there’s history there due to Dusty/Dustin and he’s Cody’s hero/favourite wrestler.

It would be similar to Rock vs Hogan, just with less star power.
Sting offers nothing as a manager. He was never known for his promo work and his look isn't exactly manager like material. As his final match in WWE. Not every wrestle has had a good send off so I don't see why Sting should. He's 62 and was in his early 50s when he joined WWE which was a dumb idea too.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,827 Posts
The best version of Sting imo was his first year as crow Sting where he never talked and was just a dark broken avenger lingering around to take down those who done him wrong, he had mystique, he was unique, once he started cutting promos and integrating his old Sting persona into the crow character i wasn't a fan, with him screaming "Woooooooo!" and becoming more normal and like everyone else. I think it was when he joined the Wolfpac he started becoming more normal and less of a mysterious entity, and thats when i quit being a fan of his.

And his run in AEW at first he was acting like the old mysterious dark avenger Sting which i liked, but very quickly he started cutting promos and being the charismatic Surfer/Crow Sting and thus becoming just another guy on the roster who just wears face paint. So yeah i'm not a fan of that Sting in any form or age, its time for him to go.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts