21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Their booking is a bigger issue

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Sting was big like 25 years ago. And he’s been jobbed ever since even in late wcw days. So you have to build him up a little. I don’t think he was worth it but they committed

·
Registered
346 Posts
People should've known when he signed that he wasn't going to do much. Everyone thinking he was some sort of game changer were being deluded. AEW also struggle to bring new signings into the fold and have them succeed. They've only just started booking Rusev well. Everyone else has been a miss.

·
Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
3,308 Posts
Sting is 62 years old, why is he taking up match time in AEW?.. I don't have an issue with him being on the show. He just has no business in the ring anymore.

·
Southern Pride
4,930 Posts
Sometimes I go watch Stings AEW debut and it still gives me chills 6 months later because of how excited Tony was and the crowd was.

I think one thing that is forgotten about is that Sting sells merch. That is one reason why WWE kept him signed long after his injury. People still love Sting in 2021, regardless of his age or whatever.

Reactions: Deathiscoming

·
Registered
616 Posts
@Chrome How about a mercy killing?
Because he said something you don't agree with? F*ck off.

On topic... I agree. Why is this fossil still around and beating people to boot? If WWE did this you just know people would crap all over it, but since AEW does it it's apparently the best thing ever.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
What utter shite. Sting got a bigger pop in last ppv than mox omega cody or anyone else did. He also was damn good in the ring for 62. An absolute legend of man.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

On topic... I agree. Why is this fossil still around and beating people to boot? If WWE did this you just know people would crap all over it, but since AEW does it it's apparently the best thing ever.
Difference is wwe buries, pisses off and humiliates its legends and aew celebrates them. Go back and watch the raw legends show where randy orton disrespect the like of Mark hendry and big show and tell me the two companies are the same.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I completely get ending his career on a higher note than his WWE run and he really should have one big match to end it but he’s not a main eventer anymore. It would be as sad as Kurt Angles career ending in a seven minute match on the mid-card of a twelve hour Wrestlemania to Baron Corbin

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
It was fun the first time but nostalgia has worn off. No idea why Khan even signed him to a full time contract. It was always going to get old. He's too old to go in the ring constantly and his mic skills are below par. All he could do is elevated their roster by association, nothing more.

He's just there for the visual of being sting and having Tony shout "it's sting". Has to be the worst few millions ever spent.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
It's just about finding way to make him effective. There is value in someone like Sting. Give him to me, if I was a wrestling promoter, I would make it work. I think AEW should have had create a mystery and aura around Sting. With him doing things you are not sure of his intentions with next to no promo for at least the first month. You can have Tony scream "Sting!" for his first appearance but not everytime. People forget that before Sting joined AEW, the last time Tony screamed like this was in early 97 when Sting showed his true colors for the first time and fought the nWo. There was a REASON for it. Doing this everytime, it has lost its luster.

·
13,221 Posts

You've not seen his threads in the wwe section have you? You know the Seth Rollins super fans, this is the guy who bitches constantly about Kevin Owens being buried and all that nonsense

This isn't a fucking aew issue its a forum issue that not enough trolls get permanently banned.

You want to come at me atleast make sure you know what you are talking about

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've given it 6 months now so no one can say anymore that I didn't give it a chance. Sting is fucking awful and has no business being on tv in 2021. The amount of time and attention he's taken away from far more deserving full-timers is fucking inexcusable. This guy is 65 years old, let it go and stop being so selfish. He has NO business being in the ring, either in a cinematic match or a regular match. I don't want to see 65 year old hasbeens desperately hanging on for another 15 minutes of fame, it's fucking pathetic.
I'm surprised it took you 6 months to figure this out.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Sting getting power bombed by Brian Cage to prove that he can take a slam to the mat.
Stings few good matches. Sting was getting praised for how well he did at DoN.
Sting being with Darby Allin.

It is pretty memorable to me.
Sting has no business pinning any of the guys in Team Taz or even Ethan Page and Scorpio. A 60 year old doesn't need to be dominating young guys this much, let alone pinning them in the end. These booking decisions will hardly be memorable, at least in my mind.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts