Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've given it 6 months now so no one can say anymore that I didn't give it a chance. Sting is fucking awful and has no business being on tv in 2021. The amount of time and attention he's taken away from far more deserving full-timers is fucking inexcusable. This guy is 65 years old, let it go and stop being so selfish. He has NO business being in the ring, either in a cinematic match or a regular match. I don't want to see 65 year old hasbeens desperately hanging on for another 15 minutes of fame, it's fucking pathetic.

·
Registered
Galaleroy
1,187 Posts
He's had like two matches? And the focus has clearly been on darby and archer. Strictly playing devil's advocate. I didn't really get hype for sting in 2001 let alone twenty years later. Don't really see the harm in him trying to give a rub or two and go out on his own terms though

·
Southern Pride
4,940 Posts
Hey DanTheMan, if you were in Stings position where his career ended on a sour note before AEW and had the opportunity to end it positively you would be active in AEW also. Sting has been okay. He isn't taking a spot from anyone as he is basically sharing a spot with Darby. If Sting hadn't of been with Darby then it would probably be Cody with Darby (since he was connected to Darbys hip until Sting showed up) and I bet that you're sick of him too.

Has it already been 6 months?

Wow, completely unmemorable.
You sure?

Stings entrance with the snow.
Tony S. saying "It's STINNNGGG"

Sting getting power bombed by Brian Cage to prove that he can take a slam to the mat.
Stings few good matches. Sting was getting praised for how well he did at DoN.
Sting being with Darby Allin.

It is pretty memorable to me.

The only negative thing to the Sting run was when he spent weeks doing nothing but filler on the mic. They delayed Sting doing anything significant for a good while but after awhile with Darby Sting was finally doing more than just give vague speeches.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've given it 6 months now so no one can say anymore that I didn't give it a chance. Sting is fucking awful and has no business being on tv in 2021. The amount of time and attention he's taken away from far more deserving full-timers is fucking inexcusable. This guy is 65 years old, let it go and stop being so selfish. He has NO business being in the ring, either in a cinematic match or a regular match. I don't want to see 65 year old hasbeens desperately hanging on for another 15 minutes of fame, it's fucking pathetic.
Go away, Sting is amazing and his match at DON was fantastic

·
Registered
622 Posts
Honestly I feel he is over exposed. What should feel like a special moment feels like any other day.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sting has been great and I’m sure Darby has benefited from it.

And it’s great for him that he gets to end his career how he wants to.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
So long as Sting's priority is on using his fame to get other guys over, I applaud the effort. I don't think it's working though.

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I think Sting is making the most of his situation and the recent Ultimate Warrior documentaries just show how good Sting is.

They broke in at the same time and were seen on a par. Sting started to get a push in NWA and Warrior got a push in WWF. Warrior couldn't sustain that and dropped off drastically and after his title run, only had fleeting appearances in the world of pro-wrestling

Then you look at Sting, somebody who wrestled on a regular basis all the way up until the 2010's and now in 2021 is still turning out and doing a reasonable job to help put over the talent of tomorrow

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,993 Posts
Sting is Sting and a lot of people have good memories of him. But I could do without Tony announcing "IT`S STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"
That got old really quick.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts