Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im on 2001 so far now as for the rock in 99 he was at his best by 01 phrases like

layeth the samckdown
roody poo candy ass
finally the rock has come back
it doesnt matter in slow tone
check you directly in to the smackdown hotel
shine it up real nice turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass
the rock and the millions
you will go 1 on 1 with the great 1
take a listen they are chanting his name

and then thngs like smooth talking slow rock smelling the people on the turnbuckle instead of rasing arm

i noticed the rock changed and never used these in 01 02 and started getting slightly booed do you think this was cause he chanegd his character?

in my opinion from wtaching attitude era so far

98 brilliant
99 brilliant
00 not so good hardly no kane no undertaker no mick no austin no vince
01 good so far
02 yet to see

i have seen all these but its been years dont really rememebr much of it good to see it again

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Rock got stale.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
i think once he came back in the Summer of 2001 he wasnt as good as he had been 1998-2001 until he left to do Scorpion King. Maybe thats because I am not high on the Middle of 2001 until post Mania X8 in WWF but Rock just wasnt the same after he came back from the first movie.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
As time went on, he started talking WAY too fast and getting very hype. I liked his promos better when he was more smooth in his delivery.

·
Banned
914 Posts
im on 2001 so far now as for the rock in 99 he was at his best by 01 phrases like

layeth the samckdown
roody poo candy ass
finally the rock has come back
it doesnt matter in slow tone
check you directly in to the smackdown hotel
shine it up real nice turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass
the rock and the millions
you will go 1 on 1 with the great 1
take a listen they are chanting his name

and then thngs like smooth talking slow rock smelling the people on the turnbuckle instead of rasing arm

i noticed the rock changed and never used these in 01 02 and started getting slightly booed do you think this was cause he chanegd his character?

in my opinion from wtaching attitude era so far

98 brilliant
99 brilliant
01 good so far
02 yet to see

i have seen all these but its been years dont really rememebr much of it good to see it again
Where did you get those DVDs?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
So many awesome PPVs in 2000.

A lot of people hated WM 2000 but I think it was pretty solid. Yes overbooking for the main event but still a fun card imho. TLC was awesome, Angle V Benoit V Jericho was awesome, the harcdcore stuff was entertaining for what it was and I might be in the minority here but I enjoyed the main event. I wanted Rock to win but in hindsight it was kind of cool the top heel retained on the biggest stage. But to each his/her own I guess.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Rock changed over the years to develop his character. I think in his last year in WWE he was more focused on doing movies so I dont blame him not doing the same old shit. Im glad he has come back to WWE and is electrifying the crowd like he used to do back in the day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you go on torrent sites you can get them be quick do as they get taken down i managed to downlaod 98 99 00 01 02 and all ppv took 2 months lol but was worth it of go on ioffer.com you can buy literally everything from 1990 on wards wcw wwf everything

·
Registered
708 Posts
if you go on torrent sites you can get them be quick do as they get taken down i managed to downlaod 98 99 00 01 02 and all ppv took 2 months lol but was worth it of go on ioffer.com you can buy literally everything from 1990 on wards wcw wwf everything
Downloaded mine from XWT, downloaded them all overnight

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Are you sure you were watching the right year? I'll grant that Austin wasnt around, but Taker was there from May, Kane was around pretty much all year barring a brief injury, and Commisioner Foley was comedy gold.

Not to mention you had Kurt Frickin Angle and his awesome promo work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts