Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was as big a Sheamus hater as you were going to find on these boards. Go back and check if you're so inclined. I was one of many calling for this big pale ginger bum to get sent back to the minor leagues where he belonged.

Was Sheamus pushed too far too soon? I do believe so. But now that he's had a year to get acclimated, I think it's time for the haters to do the right thing and give Sheamus his due credit.

The improvement Sheamus has made is tremendous on a number of levels. His ring work has gone from your typical bland big man effort to genuinely entertaining. He's turned the crickets he was hearing during his first run as champion into big time crowd reactions his second time around - in fact, the guy's getting so damn over he's getting cheered as a heel. And his mic work? What can I say besides he's proven he can hold his own.

A couple weeks ago when the biggest stars on Raw were all on screen at the same time, who amongst the heels was doing the talking? Not Jericho. Not Edge. Not Miz. It was Sheamus, and he carried the load well. Not to mention he didn't miss a beat in a segment with one of the great tough talkers ever, Arn Anderson.

As a former hater, I hereby declare that Sheamus not only doesn't suck, but is pretty damn good and getting better.

Use this thread as your own confessional.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I can't say i was a hater, but i didn't use to like him at first

I had stopped watching wrestling for a long ass time. Then when i started checking the WWE website again, earlier this year, i'd see this snow white guy with the WWE belt

I thought to myself "are they serious?" lol

But the more i watched him, the more he grew on me

Now he's one of my favorite guys

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah i wasnt too fussed about sheamus before. Didnt hate him, but wasnt a fan either. I was indifferent i guess.

but recently, he has become brilliant. Sheamus running away from nexus = priceless. plus his facial expressions are just classic.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I used to hate him, and I lol'd when he won the title at TLC in 2009. But after a few months of proving himself, I think he's alright. Not my favorite, but at least decent.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I was never a Sheamus hater, I was just in utter shock when he beat Cena when he of course was nowhere near ready, not to mention his terribly booked title reign where he never appeared on the show.

Now he is a star and my favourite heel on Raw.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
A big hater here, even when won title at first, but now I think he's one of the best things in the company, even he does a serious promo i cant help but laugh, I just feel he's pure awesomeness in general.

Won a whole lot of people over

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
I was pissed off when he won at TLC, I didn't like him at all. And now, I love the guy. He's one of my favourite characters in the WWE, and one of the reasons I watch Raw. He fits in perfectly, in the main event scene. Even after such a short time, he feels established, like he's been there forever. Kudos to the WWE, and kudos to Sheamus, because they've made a real star in a very short time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree. Sheamus is entertaining both in the ring and on the mic, plus he's got HHH in his corner so he will be around for a long time. The future is starting to look bright for the WWE main event picture once the current generation begins to fade out.

·
King James
24,661 Posts
I didn't like him at first because he was a nobody holding the WWE Title at first. Ever since his feud with Triple H he has been decent. He's far from great in my book but watchable.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
yeah, i wasn't a huge sheamus fan to start, but i didn't have an issue with him beating cena the first time. it was someone new, and something new and even though it might have been a "botch", the wwe went with it, stuck with it and now look where he is. he went from evil ronald mcdonald to becomming a redheaded badass...who runs away from skip sheffield, but thats another story. sheamus is good and he's only going to get better.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
No surprise.Usually when WWE pushes a wrestler down throats eventually someone people just accept it.

Sheamus isn't really great.He was just chosen for his position.Just like Lesnar.Just like JBL.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
When you're book to dominate one of IWC's most hated faces of all time, of course people are gonna like you.
With that said, never hated the guy but he could've waited a year or so before being given the strap.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
This thread makes me smile, because I've always been a Sheamus fan and defended him despite the wackiness of his virginal world title victory seven months ago. I didn't like the way he was booked, and the first title reign was a giant head-scratcher in so many ways, but ever since his feud with Triple H began, the man has been indisputably awesome at every turn. He's funny but scary, threatening but personable, he has one of the most unique looks in wrestling history, he's surprisingly good on the mic to his haters (great point about how he was speaking for the likes of Jericho, Miz and Edge a while back) and the truth is he usually puts on a very solid match.

I predict one day you'll be turning around on McIntyre, too, Cynic. Firstly you have to admit that crowds react to the guy. Where's that thread from that MSG house show last month where he was booed out of the building? I attended three straight house shows in March at which he was nearly as booed as CM Punk/SES and Chris Jericho.

Anyway, yep, Sheamus is great. Really looking forward to a feud between he and Orton.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sheamus has got it all there for him: good look, decent mic skills, decent in-ring ability, backing of Trips. I agree it's likely he's going to be around for quite a while. I do enjoy seeing him on my screen. And I think if he can play the sort of tweener role they've been hinting at recently (in the sense thatbasically just does whatever the hell he wants, regardless of whether he's in a match/promo with heels or faces) it could be pretty awesome, especially if he can get the crowd to boo and cheer at different times in equal measure. Love it!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts