Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread, post memories from your childhood from times when you thought wrestling was real. This goes out to everybody from any era. I'm curious to know how certain storylines and characters affected you under the guise of kayfabe.

• I thought The Brood were actual vampires
  • I thought Stephanie and Austin had their souls sacrificed to Satan
  • I thought Big Boss Man was killed at Wrestlemania 15
  • I thought Head was just real to Al Snow and didn't get the sexual innuendo
  • I thought on screen commissioners could really overrule Vince McMahon
  • I thought Mick Foley was an indestructible super human
  • I thought Road Dogg was from the hood since he was a white man who rapped
  • I thought Big Show and The Giant were brothers since he was in my WCW Thunder game
  • I wondered how Jericho was on WWF television since he was also in my WCW Thunder game
  • I never understood how short and fat Paul Bearer could squirt out two tall giants in Kane and Undertaker

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Triple H infuriated me like no other at some points. I legit thought he was one of the worst people ever :lmao

Cough... I never questioned Dudleys being brothers COUGH.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I HATED Triple H, even more so than McMahon. That's why I consider him the greatest heel of all time.

Lol, I thought the Dudleys were step-brothers, and I thought Edge & Christian were real brothers.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought Papa Shango was a real voodoo man. Some of his shit scared the ever loving shit out of me:

The good old days back when commentators sold what was going on in the ring and put over the wrestlers. The irony is Vince himself is there and he's the one telling JBL to bury everybody.

·
C Mac G
6,498 Posts
In 2004, I think I was 8 or 9 years old, I was a big Triple H fan. But then there was a Raw where he just beat the living shit out of William Regal backstage(I think this is when the Eugene angle was going on), and I got scared and didn't watch RAW for like 3 weeks, and then when I did start watching again, I started fucking hating Triple H.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Gosh so much. I started watching in 02 at the age of 7. I knew nothing about wrestling. My siblings knew nothing about wrestling. We didnt know what was real and what wasnt. I remember when taker came back in 04 as the deadman I used to have nightmares about him lol. I remember when Big Show chokeslamed Angle of a ramp back when angle was gm of smackdown I think I thought that was real.

I remember when Carlito allegedly stabbed Cena in a nightclub. I thought that he stabbed him for real.:lmao

I have to rewatch those 02-05 smackdowns for nostalgia. We only had smackdown not raw so I started watching raw in 2006 after I learned how to torrent.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Personally every time I see a No Disqualification match I really am at utter disbelief at how thick the wrestlers are. Let me elaborate. Why use tables and steel chairs when you could just bring a gun to the ring and shoot your opponent?

The ref couldn't disqualify you, and if the bullet hits you're more than likely going to get the 3 count on your opponent. Kane has murdered many people and had sex with a few of his victims.

Some clever clogs will say ' But The Big Bad Wolf, if someone shoots a gun the cops will arrest him and thus be put in prison".

But remember ladies and gentlemen, as we are told by our ring announcer, in a no DQ match ANYTHING IS LEGAL.

So my question is to all my fellow WF members, why doesn't anyone?

:positivity

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I really thought Undertaker killed the Ultimate Warrior when he locked him in a casket.

My mum recently told me that i cried and believed that someone actually killed Jake the snake's snake.. I can't even remember that

·
Say something stupid
2,972 Posts
I was eight/nine when Shane and Kane feuded and practically every week I was wondering how they would keep coming back with some of the shit they'd do to eachother.

For some reason... I have vague memories of someone telling me Shane and Stephanie were just Vince's on screen children and that took a little while for me to forget.

I thought Steve Austin actually just walked into a supermarket with nobody aware of what was happening and destroyed Booker T.

So many more I'm sure.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Thinking kayfabe injuries were real mainly. Although even after finding out things were scripted I believed Russo's worked shoots in WCW were real, at least someone was fooled even if it was a kid.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
I don't think anything haunted me quite like this when I was a kid. I really thought warrior was cursed. Watching that goo drip from him was scary as hell. & i was genuinely upset with Mike Tyson for helping stonecold beat hbk at WrestleMania 14

Reactions: The One Man Gang

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Reactions: The Legit Lioness

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I remember when the nexus made theyre debuts I thought that was real. Oh the good old days.

Said the 9 year olds.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts