Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
16,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And thats the truth, i get she got popular and over but for fucks sake a year long title reign for a very average talent like her is fucking ridiculous. In her entire time shes been champion no other woman in the division has benefited, shes been on top for over a fucking year as champion, her matches are average at best, her promos are either bad or decent most of the time, i just don't think she deserved to hold the belt this long.

And now she just beat the only woman in the division thats came up and been a real threat to her, now theres no one left but for her to just go through the division again..... I really don't get what people see in her, i truly don't, most overrated and overpushed female of all time without a fucking doubt.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,653 Posts
Some may disagree but the way they built Shayna since EC gave a pretty clear indication Becky should have lost right there, Not just because of dominance but the story told us Becky despite being Champion had her days numbered putting over Baszler as the type she shouldn't beat but ends up doing so someway.

This is just asking for Shayna to beat Becky if you ask me and there's no proper chase here.

·
Banned
545 Posts
Some may disagree but the way they built Shayna since EC gave a pretty clear indication Becky should have lost right there, Not just because of dominance but the story told us Becky despite being Champion had her days numbered putting over Baszler as the type she shouldn't beat but ends up doing so someway.

This is just asking for Shayna to beat Becky if you ask me and there's no proper chase here.
It’s ridiculous Becky has defeated both Ronda and Shayna. Talking about superwoman booking

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,973 Posts
This thread. ROFL. Love the haters.
Does anybody really think, that after the FAILED build up of Shayna, the division had profited from Shayna becoming the champ at mania?
People stopped caring about Shayna already at her 2nd NXT run. Why? Because she lost her dominance, just to establish her sidekicks as helpers. Without that, people realized her average/bad promos. WWE tried to repair it, but it was too late.
If they need Shayna to get back Ronda or do something else, they don`t need her to win at mania.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Best part is Becky despite being arrogant as fuck in the buildup here is claiming that Shayna was the arrogant one.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,973 Posts
I’ll take Becky as Champion for another year over another Shayna reign as she also just had a long title run. WWE should take the belt off Becky until someone gets hot enough to warrant the run. Get over then get the belt. And not a day sooner.
They should have called up Shayna much earlier, that is the simple truth. Shayna`s heat nad overness died, when waiting in NXT forever until her friend Ronda is done. Then she had to wait even more, to avoid am obvious copy&paste situation. On the other hand: Shayna was with WWE a long time and it took forever before she joined NXT. Without Ronda she maybe would never been pushed as NXT champ in the first place.
Difficult. But having a single match at mania is far from having a bad career. But I will stop here, because I doubt anyone in this thead asking for Becky to drop the title, does really care about Shayna.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Shayna was just Bluto, Biff Tannen, Picoro Daimaku...
Beky is forever, Shayna was just fitting the feminist agenda a bit. :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I like Becky but armchair booking just sold in my head that she loses after going in so arrogantly ala Rocky as others have alluded to, Shayna bringing her back down to earth then you build up to Becky rediscovering her confidence and getting it back from Shayna whenever you can host the next big event. It was quite a simple tale that while obvious would have worked for both rather than pretty much killing Shayna. I guess Vince just didn’t like her. I’m worried genuinely that they are going to try and bring back Nia Jaxx to do that instead, do people really want that?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
The most ridiculous thing about Becky's reign is the fact she has two rollup wins at Wrestle Mania instead of decisive finishes.

There's a possibility Shayna wins the title in a rematch, but also WWE simply might not know what to do with the women. The women still haven't recovered from Ronda's reign of terror and all the most credible ones are on Smackdown. Sasha, Bayley, Alexa, and Charlotte, and no one wants to see her feud or wrestle with Charlotte again. Kairi and Asuka are the only believable opponents Becky has a Raw but they're being wasted in the tag team division.

The next option would be to call some women up from NxT and hope WWE doesn't ruin them. If they're bringing up Rhea Ripley that would mean she'd be losing to Charlotte and she would be being called up to a dead division.

I feel this wouldn't be an issue if the women who weren't champions were allowed to wrestle on any of the three shows. The women's division is small too begin with and would be away to keep them fresh.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
After the Forbes list show up with Becky as top 10, pretty sure, there's no way WWE will let her drop the Championship soon or let her win the WM and drop it at RAW taping show then she can leave to take a break.

Shayna booking ain't different with what happened to Asuka, come as unstoppable force (ignore how Shayna lost the NXT and Royal Rumble), then when people thought Shayna will overcome Becky's, Vince will turn upside down the situation by make Becky win.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,653 Posts
Best part is Becky despite being arrogant as fuck in the buildup here is claiming that Shayna was the arrogant one.
In the real world Becky would have been the perfect Heel foil to elevate an up and coming but strongly booked Babyface that was more than ready to take the reigns due to her natural arrogance and charm of putting over others(Shayna/Asuka) without making them sound like fools on Twitter, An example of making someone look good appropriately could have been Ripley.

Shayna was built like fuck to beat Becky at WM now they want her to play the overconfident fool who has to go back to the drawing board in the hopes that she just might beat her next time.....

NXT apathy or not Shayna was still booked in a way that she should not have lost.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts