Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it gonna be a heel? Is there any face with any kind of momentum to win it? When Cena doesn't have the title, he's automatically the favorite unless they want to hand it to HHH again. Barrett winning it would be a big push but we'll see how things turn out at Survivor Series before his picture is more clear. Miz has the MITB contract so he can manipulate any situation for months on end. So who's the favorite right now?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Jericho? Kevin Nash?

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
I can't see a face who hasn't won it winning it, so if it's a face, it would have to be a repeat winner like Cena or Orton or Triple H. I don't think WWE wants to do repeat winners anymore, though, so I'm thinking it's more likely that a heel wins, which would put it down to Barrett or Bozo the Irish clown. It would be pretty epic if Alberto Del Rio won it and challenged Rey or Edge and got put over on the SmackDown side, but I don't think they're ready to commit to him on that level yet.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
I have an extremely difficult time seeing ADR or Barrett being in a Wrestlemania main event, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
I have an idea:
and earns a title shot against the champion at Wrestlemania. He goes into Wrestlemania, loses in a competitive match to whoever the champion is, but then pulls the ace upp his sleeve. He wallops the champion with his MITB briefcase, and then picks that moment to cash in. Miz pins the unconscious champion, 123, MIZ IS THE CHAMP!!!

Not since Edge won the Gold Rush Tournament has anybody really used the MITB as a safety measure or a Plan B. Now this is a cool way to kind of pull that off. I think the MITB shock title win is kind of wearing thin, but if you use it in a way that Miz can actively seek a title shot & use the MITB as an insurance policy, I think that would add a new dimension to MITB.

MIZ wins the Royal Rumble

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Barrett or ADR hopefully

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
If Triple H doesn't return by the Royal Rumble and wins as a surprise entrant being the third man to do that in the last 4 years I'm gonna be pissed off for about the 10,000th time this year at WWE's booking decsisions. This guy enjoys his new kid and wife and is living it up then he gets to just come back win the rumble. He's probably gonna get put into a meaningless feud for Wrestlemania with Sheamus again. I mean damn they really expect that to sell out the Goergia Dome and do over a million ppv buys and sell the overpriced dvd when it comes out. Get out of town WWE if you go this route. I'm just looking at the darkest possibilities here though and it's nothing against Triple H as a wrestler but enoughs enough.

Of course if Triple H comes back before then around Survivor Series theres no way he's winning. I could see Cena or even Orton before him. It really comes down to what the main event for Wrestlemania is going to be. So I'd say Orton or Cena because I just think their going the route of having the two of them wrestle each other for the 6th or 7th time on ppv. Which is dumb because I'd try to do something a little more of a dream match than that but let's just say it's Cena/Orton because that's being "speculated" by the almighty sees over all the backstage politicts dirt sheets.

I don't wanna see that match. It can't possibly be better than anything else they've put on before.

So if I have to guess off the fence a little I'll go with Barrett, Sheamus, or really off maybe Christian to win it but that's more of a wish than a actual prediction.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Alberto Del Rio is my pick. It'll probably be a SmackDown superstar. I base this off the fact that it Miz probably won't cash in untill right before or at WrestleMania, so Raw is covered.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
If hes ready i would like to CM Punk win it as i think its a bit early for Del Rio or Barrett to be in a title match at Wrestlemania, i think Punk winning and going on to face Orton would make for a good title match.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Punk, ADR or Barrett ( but we dont how WWE booked )

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Heels don't win the rumble.

A returning Jericho and Christian are possible as are Orton (hasn't won as a face) and Morrison

·
Registered
934 Posts
gonna go with orton

he will lose the title before the rumble and get the rumble win. it's a shame it's not back to back after a lackluster Edge rumble angle

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The returning Batista?

I'm gonna say Wade Barrett. Just a random speculation.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts