Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I hate Punk's new attitude since he turned face, yet I can't put the whole blame on him.With his new attitude and how corny he is, and then you go look back at 27/6 promo & you hear him now say "I haven't change since that promo" well this just adds a +1 to his score in hipocracy and adds even more to how stupid his current character is becoming.

Basically he is that thing you'd call a baby-face.He's just like John Cena, Sheamus, Randy Orton and the list go on...they might have different looks and different ways to deliver their promos but when you look closely all of their promos is actually pretty much based around one concept & at some times the pretty same content & that's trying so hard to please the kids & not being so ...rude to their opponents? so that their parents would still allow them to go and keep watching...

Actually there is another thing, and that the recent tweaks to the concept of a baby face, by making him a damn motherfucking machine that would pin any heel who faces him.People now complain about "thin roster" but the thing is, it's not even thin.You've got lots and lots of talents that got the potential to be the next breakout superstar but the thing is, every babyface would SQAUSH or defeat and heel he faces and now when I ask you to name ONE SINGLE heel that's to be considered as a thread to anyone's reign, you'd either say Brock lesnar only or big show while you have high hopes that he gets put over Cena next Sunday, but brace yourselves, this is probably not happening..which brings me to the next point...

The hamster goes on, the wheel goes on, basically in the past, Cena was the only hamster but now look at your top faces, Sheamus, Punk & Cena...Put any heel, he'd lose to your babyface & then your baby face moves on to another heel and at sometimes they would trade heels and both faces get the victory and so on....

It's a cycle that the WWE has put theirselves in and if they don't find a solution, ratings, which are currently at the 2.9 mark (3.5 was last year's mark at this time), they might hit the 2.5 mark with 3 hours of boring crap.It started with making more corny John Cena's, then they turned them into the hero-style baby face who would beat anyone leading into a full roster WITHOUT A SINGLE credible heel which is leading to the current situation with what you'd call thin roster & a very boring show...

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Yes Punk is held back by the PG rating and the fact that kids probably idolise him or look up to him in a way.

No we can't blame him for everything.

But yes he is bad at doing face promos.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
The roster is thin. Look at the rumble. It's paper thin. Creative needs to bring up guys, and make them crediable. You cant just take guys from FCW a throw them into the mix. This takes time, and since WWE has this strange start/stop pushes, which leads nowhere, for years, then some guys are just lost in the midcard. Ziggler and Cody could be the next guys who misses that chance.

Every heel in WWE except Henry and maybe DB, needs to be build up through good booking. They need to be a threat. but the titles should also matter. They should be main part of the show. Everything should be build around that. But it's not. It's build around Cena. Even SD, where Cena only shows up once per year. Cena is booked as being more important than the belts. Who did the rock face? Cena. Who did Brock face? Cena. Noone went for the belt. The heel GM doesnt go after putting the belt on his champ first. They go after Cena. Beating Cena is a bigger priority than winning a title. This is terrible and desperate booking.

As for Punk? He 's doing ok, with what he's got, but he should be booked as the man, atm.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Roster isn't thin. There is plenty of good talent. WWE just isn't using virtually any of them correctly.

And Punk is just stuck in the "overanalyze everything he says on here" treatment. Rock or Austin cuts the same promo word for word and it's 'gold'.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Punk doesnt have charisma needed for the position he is now, he had "attitude"(not really) needed to do the summer of punk, but now he is boring and the sad part is that his mark still makes excuses for him.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts
I am a Punk fan but I finally have to throw in the towel and join the "he's corny" club. What in gods name have they done to him? I get they are milking his marketability to appeal to boths sides of the audience coin but jesus man.. Punk wasn't built for the "super babyface" roll. He was made to be a tweener/heel roll.

Don't get me wrong I know he can't roll out and destroy the company on the microphone every single night but he needs to lay off the Nickelodeon kids choice material. We all know from his past he can work heel promos in a very PG way and come off convincing still. I should also note I know it's not `him' writing these promos and he has no choice..

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'd argue that the roster is thin, 80% of the roster is pretty interchangable (ie no one cares about them) and my main basis is always the Royal Rumble where people care more about the surprise old face rather than the current crop of the guys in the ring, it really exposes them. I find that simply blaming creative is kind of a copout because guys can do something to make themselves stand out, even if it isn't much. In this generation you can't have a Triple H type heel going over everyone and their extended family if you're not a monster heel and besides most true heels would get WWE sued by special interest groups and ruin their corporate rep which is a big no no.

Punk has settled into coast mode and can you really blame him? He's at that level now and will be for a while so why should he give a fuck. He's making money and being the top guy + plus getting strong reactions. I ain't the biggest Punk fan but he's justified in his role, and all that rebellious stuff was simply pillow talk, a means to an end.

·
Banned
303 Posts
Yes Punk is held back by the PG rating and the fact that kids probably idolise him or look up to him in a way.

What sort of kid would look up to that greaseball CM Punk? He isn't very fan friendly and not someone a kid should look up to next kids will be looking up to hobo's on the street.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
99% of what WWE does wrong can be attributed to Creative and their writing. Genuine talent is suppressed because of their insistence on overscripting everything.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
The roster is thin. Look at the rumble. It's paper thin.
If youre using the Royal Rumble as barometer of whether or not the roster is thin, I think you're doing it wrong. The WWE has PLENTY of people on the roster. They just havent booked the roster properly. It's a recurring theme in EVERY ONE of these threads about the roster that booking is shit.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Roster isn't thin. There is plenty of good talent. WWE just isn't using virtually any of them correctly.

And Punk is just stuck in the "overanalyze everything he says on here" treatment. Rock or Austin cuts the same promo word for word and it's 'gold'.
This pretty much.

Punk could add more intensity to his insults, but he is just going through the babyface mould of having to use PG and lighthearted corny insults.

The biggest issue with the roster is the fact that WWE have no mid-card structure. At all

·
Registered
578 Posts

Tho it sucks this is very true. And the roster is not thin creative is just bad at not pushing at all or pushing then jobbing the talent out to a already made talent and then forgetting about them.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

This is basically it.

99% of what WWE does wrong can be attributed to Creative and their writing. Genuine talent is suppressed because of their insistence on overscripting everything.
How do people like you STILL don't get that it has nothing to do with Creative and HHH?
IT'S ALL ABOUT VINCE, dammit.
Ol' fucker is basically crazy and senile now, he is the one who says "Yes" and "No".

I can bet my ass that the Creative writers have (objectively) awesome ideas but can't do shit about it.
Heck, even Cena himself wants to turn heel ffs.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
How do people like you STILL don't get that it has nothing to do with Creative and HHH?
who said anything about Triple H? Trips hasnt, now or ever, been in charge of creative. It's Stephanie.

IT'S ALL ABOUT VINCE, dammit.
Ol' fucker is basically crazy and senile now, he is the one who says "Yes" and "No".
I think booking is more Vince than anything. No one can prove who has say so though, so moot point.

I can bet my ass that the Creative writers have (objectively) awesome ideas but can't do shit about it.
Welcome to corporate america ;). Most fortune 500 companies dont give a damn about individual ideas or concepts, theyre very set in their ways.

Heck, even Cena himself wants to turn heel ffs.
orly? because this article has him quoted as saying "I would fight that tooth and nail"

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/4...urning-heel-i-would-fight-that-tooth-and-nail

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
what because he has tattoos?

#ignorant
Come on, I am a fan of punk, but the guy is a fucking prick. cool character for entertainment purposes, and probably fun if he is your friend, but nobody should look up to him as someone to model your behavior after. in character, and in real life he is a kind of a dickhead.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts