Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently he's been having issues with his neck for a while, and it's gotten to the point where it's not safe for him to be in the ring at the moment. Knowing the history and recovery time of neck injuries in professional wrestling, it's no telling when he will return. It sucks, but it's better that he take time off than end up paralyzed.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,742 Posts
It sucks for him if its that serious. No matter how much I dislike Drew as a 'performer' a serious neck injury is not something I wish on anyone. Hopefully he looks after himself.

That said, I wont miss the guy at all. He's insufferably boring. He's just a Scottish version of babyface Roman Reigns without any of the charisma Reigns has, and worse mic skills.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
This sucks as Drew has basically just made to the main event and the last few years have been great for him. I hope his injury isn't as serious and hope he makes a recovery and is able to get back into the ring.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I dont like Drew much but the crowd reactions are usually good and he was very over at Mania with a live crowd. I also think when he is allowed to go on the mic without a script, he is the intense, no nonsense face we need. Hopeuflly he works on all that while he is away and pushes to not just be another smiling, generic baby face.

·
Premium Member
27,604 Posts
Quite unfortunate that he is dealing with this issue and I hope he can recover and come back without problem. I think he was being set up to challenge Reigns at Mania for the title. He is quickly becoming one of my favorites and I would have been totally up for him being the one to dethrone Reigns.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A solid upper-mid/carder who will be missed.

He's worked his nuts off over the last few years. A few months out could do him good.

Sheamus has pretty bad neck issues but has managed to work through it, others like Paige, not so lucky. This could go either way, luck of the draw.

·
Registered
538 Posts
It sucks for him if its that serious. No matter how much I dislike Drew as a 'performer' a serious neck injury is not something I wish on anyone. Hopefully he looks after himself.

That said, I wont miss the guy at all. He's insufferably boring. He's just a Scottish version of babyface Roman Reigns without any of the charisma Reigns has, and worse mic skills.
This

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
WWE medical staff is probably not that good, I don't thing at this day and age a guy like Mcintyre should be out for a long period just because he has some problem in his neck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts