Wrestling Forum banner

It's not 1999 anymore! Get over it!

2425 Views 30 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  The Originator
Yeah we all know the Attitude era was great and it was the best era of wrestling by far. But no one on this forum seems to realize that the Attitude era is over and it's not coming back, at least for a while. PG is a good move because it's building a wrestling audience for the future. So get off your attitude era soapboxes and accept it. Yeah the majority of the product isn't aimed at you anymore but please for the love of God I am sick of reading in every thread about how Austin and Rocky are greater than Cena. Cena is a fantastic face of the company and you couldn't ask anything more of him.

So all I'm asking is please stop your bitching about how the PG era sucks and how everything was better in the Attitude era. Well no shit Sherlock, complaining about it daily doesn't make it any better so please shut the fuck up and just enjoy the product that we have today.
Reactions: tjstaff
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
201 Posts
Ok OK I'll stop I'LL STOP!!...........just don't hit me

· Registered
174 Posts
Dude no. Just no.

Building a new audience? Wouldntit be easier to build an audience without having the product suck? John Cena is the worst "face of the company" wwe has ever had, he wouldn't last a day in the Attitude Era, that's the problem nobody in today's company would be able to be successful in the Attitude Era except for CM Punk or ADR

Leave kid, let real wrestling fans talk about real wrestling. Which judging by your avatar you know nothing about.

· Registered
861 Posts
Cena is a fantastic face of the company and you couldn't ask anything more of him.
The only other thing I could ask of Cena is to KNOW HIS ROLE and check his candy ass directly into THE SMACKDOWN HOTEL!!!!!

· pretending to be nice
11,713 Posts
1999 wasn't even a good year. I only started watching sometime in 2001-2002 so I'm watching 1999 for the first time, just got to Wrestlemania XV last night. The thing is, the product isn't that good. The Royal Rumble sucked and Wrestlemania especially sucked, even with Rock vs Austin main eventing. People were chanting "boring" throughout Undertaker's match. Hell, even the crowds aren't as good as I thought they would be. They are hot in some cities, but not in many. Just like these days. You know, the thing is that, Rock and Austin were MUCH better than Cena. Rock and Austin were the WWF. Without them, the company would have failed at that time. How would WWE be without Cena? Um... perhaps even better off?

· Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude no. Just no.

Building a new audience? Wouldntit be easier to build an audience without having the product suck? John Cena is the worst "face of the company" wwe has ever had, he wouldn't last a day in the Attitude Era, that's the problem nobody in today's company would be able to be successful in the Attitude Era except for CM Punk or ADR

Leave kid, let real wrestling fans talk about real wrestling. Which judging by your avatar you know nothing about.
Real wrestling fans? Please tell me what a real wrestling fan is. It seems to me a real wrestling fan would be someone who cares about the future of the product and actually can see long term instead of "oh the product sucks now its nothing like 10 years ago".

And for who would last a day in the Attitude era please tell me how you know that. Punk and ADR? Really? If we're going purely on speculation please tell me how you think they would be better than Cena, who can play any character you give him. Punk who in my opinion would be unable to play a face and ADR who cannot get over at all with his mexican JBL gimmick. Face it CM Punk may have been good in ROH but he sucks in the WWE.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Yeah we all know the Attitude era was great and it was the best era of wrestling by far. But no one on this forum seems to realize that the Attitude era is over and it's not coming back, at least for a while. PG is a good move because it's building a wrestling audience for the future. So get off your attitude era soapboxes and accept it. Yeah the majority of the product isn't aimed at you anymore but please for the love of God I am sick of reading in every thread about how Austin and Rocky are greater than Cena. Cena is a fantastic face of the company and you couldn't ask anything more of him.

So all I'm asking is please stop your bitching about how the PG era sucks and how everything was better in the Attitude era. Well no shit Sherlock, complaining about it daily doesn't make it any better so please shut the fuck up and just enjoy the product that we have today.
Only one thing to say in a thread like this..why are you so angry that fans have fond memories of the Attitude Era? Jealous that you weren't there to live them out with the rest of us? Or are you really drawn to today's pathetic excuse for an era?

Reactions: Demandred

· Registered
20,764 Posts
Dude no. Just no.

WOOOOAH, watch out everyone, we have a "REAL" wrestling fan here.

· Banned
176 Posts
I don't want Attitude era back,i just wanna be fuckin entertained.Product fuckin sucks and that's the whole fuckin thruth,it just plain and simple sucks.Blame it on that retard Cena,on weak to no storylines,lack of stars,lack of building the real talent,lack of characters,Sesame Street like attitude,lack of edgynes,intensity,pushing the envelope or on a simple overall lack of any effort by the creative.It just SUCKS.

· Registered
5,030 Posts
WWE stands for "World Wrestling Entertainment." And yet the product barely features any wrestling nowadays, and I rarely feel entertained by it.

But yeah, you're right - it ain't 1999 anymore, and I can see why all the Attitude Era lovers can be annoying, as they are living in the past. But I can't help it. Wrestling used to be epic, and now it is generic at best, lamentable at worst.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
WHAT!?

WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN? I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MILLENIUM!!

Artard.

· Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't want Attitude era back,i just wanna be fuckin entertained.Product fuckin sucks and that's the whole fuckin thruth,it just plain and simple sucks.Blame it on that retard Cena,on weak to no storylines,lack of stars,lack of building the real talent,lack of characters,Sesame Street like attitude,lack of edgynes,intensity,pushing the envelope or on a simple overall lack of any effort by the creative.It just SUCKS.
Then why do you watch? If you aren't entertained don't bother to tune in every week

· Banned
176 Posts
Then why do you watch? If you aren't entertained don't bother to tune in every week
:lmao I most certainly don't,i only watch Danielson and Ziggler matches and an ocassional Regal or Punk segment from weekly Youtube uploaders.Oh,and i watched those two Rock promos,entertained me more then the last 4 years of WWE combined.I haven't been able to watch a full RAW for the last couple of years whenever i tried.

· Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:lmao I most certainly don't,i only watch Danielson and Ziggler matches and an ocassional Regal or Punk segment from weekly Youtube uploaders.Oh,and i watched those two Rock promos,entertained me more then the last 4 years of WWE combined.I haven't been able to watch a full RAW for the last couple of years whenever i tried.
So you don't watch, no wonder you aren't entertained. It's hard to be entertained by something you don't watch.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.