Wrestling Forum banner

"It's me Austin!!"

4956 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Big Wiggle
I just wanted to ask people on here what are the most shocking and unexpected events that took place in the world of wrestling, in my opinion it has to be:

1) vince mcmahon reveals himself as the high power

2) the finger poke of doom 1999, when hogan defeats nash for the wcw title one day after he ends goldbergs winning streak in a epic match and next day on nitro he literally lays down for hogan and they word the NWO elite

3) the riot in ECW when shane douglas attacks the broken neck of Pitbull #1

4) Ric Flair becomes 50% owner of WWF in 2001
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
Um, no, its none of those. Its probably Hogan turning Heel at Bash at The Beach 1996.

Infact, the first two moments were fucking stupid, the third i havent even heard of, and the fourth, well, its barely important.

· The Definition of Excellence
1,620 Posts
Hogan turns Heel
The Montreal Screw Job (and the return of Bret in 2010. Regardless of if it delivered or not, I NEVER expected to see that man back.)

Only 2 that come to mind at the moment. I remember, as a little Hulkamaniac, being in complete denial about Hogan turning heel. It had to be an impostor! It just had to be! But when it wasn't... sadness.

· Registered
279 Posts
I watched the finger poke of doom when it was live on the air. In all honesty, it didn't seem like that big of a deal at the time.

· Master & Ruler
16,834 Posts
HBK and Ahmed Johnson choosing Sid to be their tag partner at International Incident.

King Mabel unraveling the "Royal Plan" at Summerslam 1995 which had British Bulldog turning heel.

Barry Horowitz defeating Skip.

· Registered
1,247 Posts
Hogan heel turn will be very hard to beat. If Cena did turn heel and the WWE came up with something with the same quality of the nWo to support it, it could be revolutionary (just like Hogan's was).

Don't see them having the guts or skill at the moment to do it though.

Man...WCW at its peak was awesome. Still better than anything WWF/WWE has ever produced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.