Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point, unless Orton wins the Rumble or unless Brock signs an extension and they fight later on (without the title on the line, but I'll take what I can get), looks like WWE missed out big time on a potentially great rivalry. Orton's Viper persona, especially when he's at his most deranged, would have made a great adversary for Lesnar, and Brock conquering a multi-time world champion/Rumble winner/Mania headliner/etc. would have added a lot of meat to his title reign and his list of accolades.

On top of that, the match would have been completely fresh, having only wrestled each other once throughout their entire careers and that was just a short-ass match back in 2002 when neither man was even a big star yet.

Orton hitting the RKO on Lesnar out of nowhere, Orton hitting Brock with the rope-hung DDT, Orton punt-kicking Brock only for Brock to kick out at 2 (and then maybe delivering a punt-kick of his own to Randy), etc. The match and the whole feud could have been excellent. I was re-watching some of Orton's old Viper stuff from 2009 during his feud with Triple H and was reminded just how much his character was on-fire in those days.

Even though calculating the odds I know it logically won't happen, I still have hopes that maybe Lesnar will work Fast Lane against Orton.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yeah. A match between Lesnar and Orton would be awesome. Randy Orton is great at working up the crowd and it would be brilliant if he rediscovered his viper side mid-match and just hit Lesnar with everything in his arsenal. Lesnar winning would be a formality but the match itself would be awesome and it wouoldn't hurt Orton, who's last match was a clean loss to Rollins.

·
Say something stupid
2,972 Posts
For me personally, a huge missed oppertunity, if only because Orton deserved the high profile match. Triple H got three matches, Cena will have had four by the time Royal Rumble is over, Big Show got one, Undertaker got one, and now the only one I'm actually excited to see step up to Lesnar is Rollins.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
What are you talking about?.. Orton vs. Lesnar is likely to happen at WrestleMania when Orton throws 29 people over the top rope to win the Royal Rumble... Just be patient, the Rumble didn't even happen yet.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It sucks. Instead we get 8 Lesnar matches against HHH/Cena/Show.

I have Rollins/Lesnar, i dont give a fuck about Orton/Lesnar, it would have been a boring match anyway.
It's not Rollins vs. Lesnar though, is it. Plus it's much too early in Rollins' career for it to be considered a big match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts