Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One thing that has bugged me about both Taker's return this year and the streak ending is we have not yet got Taker's thoughts on the loss. This may not seem like a big deal to some but as a Taker fan it's really bugged me how there has not been much of a follow up to the streak ending.

Any other Taker fans out there feel the same???

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Just like Mumm-Ra in the eighties...
The Undertaker is inmortal!

Reactions: lamepunkmark

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
In character, if he addresses it then it'll make no sense for him to not go after Brock Lesnar and redeem his loss.

He's got maybe 1 more match left in him, they ain't gonna waste that on Lesnar.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Yes. If they wanted to ignore that loss on Taker's behalf, all they had to do was have Undertaker show up on a Raw after Fastlane to address his loss. Have the lights go out before Taker can talk, and have Wyatt attack. Wyatt could then say, you have nothing to say, I'm the new face of fear, blah, blah, blah.

I mean the streak ending was stupid. Brock didn't need it to raise his profile. All he had to do was NEVER lose to Cena and Triple H. He shouldn't have even wrestled Undertaker at Mania XXX.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes. If they wanted to ignore that loss on Taker's behalf, all they had to do was have Undertaker show up on a Raw after Fastlane to address his loss. Have the lights go out before Taker can talk, and have Wyatt attack. Wyatt could then say, you have nothing to say, I'm the new face of fear, blah, blah, blah.
>>>

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
He was actually supposed to be on the podcast last year but it never happened, probably due to health problems.
Unless you're talking right after Mania with his concussion, pretty sure he is fine.

Why do people make it seem like he is dying or something?

He's 50, not 90.

·
Registered
561 Posts
That'd be a good way of addressing it without addressing it. I don't really think it'd be right for Undertaker's character to address the ending of the streak. The Streak always came across to me as "just something he does". That's not to say I didn't think it wasn't important, it's just that I don't recall a time when Undertaker ever said "I'M GONNA BEAT YOU & KEEP MY STREAK GOING!".

It's not his character. I'm surprised he is going to do the Austin podcast, it brings mixed emotions. Good because it's Undertaker out of character, a rarity and should be very insightful. Bad because it's Undertaker out of character, on a WWE produced show which in turn is furthering the demise of kayfabe.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
What is there to address? He's hardly likely to bring up in a promo for his next opponent - almost certainly at Wrestlemania - that he lost two years ago, how would that promote the fight?

·
Registered
135 Posts
What do you want him to say?
I am not sure i ever heard him mention the streak it was normally his opponents announcers that sold it.

Taker has never been a big promo guy when in full on undertaker mode.

It would nice to hear his thoughts on the streak ending, like was he ok with it ect.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts