Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/italians-removing-children-from-racially-mixed-schools-8803946.html

Italy’s racial tensions are now manifesting themselves in the country’s schools, with evidence that Italian parents are removing their children from classrooms that they consider contain too many immigrants.

In perhaps the most clear cut case so far, in the village of Corti, near the northern city of Bergamo, all seven Italian children have been withdrawn from a first-year elementary school class where they were outnumbered by non-Italian pupils. The remaining 14 children are mainly Africans (mostly Moroccans) with some Albanians and Romanians.

But schools in other parts of the country, from Milan to Palermo, have experienced similar incidents. In Rome in 2009, a mother withdrew her sons from the Carlo Pisacane elementary school because she said there were too many foreign children.

·
Veni, vidi, vici
14,875 Posts
I say who cares. It's great that we Americans embrace diversity, but we shouldn't force other countries to do so. If Russians and Italians want to keep their homogeneous identities, then good for them. Fuck the UK and American media outlets for stirring the pot like they always do to create some type of controversy.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I say who cares. It's great that we Americans embrace diversity, but we shouldn't force other countries to do so. If Russians and Italians want to keep their homogeneous identities, then good for them. Fuck the UK and American media outlets for stirring the pot like they always do to create some type of controversy.
Surprisingly, I sort of agree with this. As long as these families aren't harming other races or promoting hatred towards them, I don't think there's a real problem.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Unless you live in Italy...

Who cares?

If we'd be more concerned about what we do in our home country...

(You know, people starving, struggling, dying)...

And less about what others are doing...

We'd all be okay.

·
Banned
9,032 Posts
What a bunch of annoying parents, I myself miss being in a racially mixed environment.

·
Registered
987 Posts
oh my god seriously.

seriously.

You guys are actually saying they're not doing anything that bad and the media is "stirring up trouble."

Does this forum get together and have a meeting about ways to look like idiots? Like, is this a prank on me? Tell the truth. Be honest.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
Fuck Italians. They are as racist as eastern europeans, but they are sneakier about it.

When I visited Rome several years ago, some locals thought I had Italian heritage, then once they found out I was mixed race they didn't want to know me.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
This shit happens all the time so the media reporting it is stirring the pot.
Parents have been pulling their kids out of schools because of race for a while now.
So then their kids can grow up like them (xenophobic) because they haven't had enough racial exposure from childhood or was taught that it was 'wrong' to associate outside of race.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
oh my god seriously.

seriously.

You guys are actually saying they're not doing anything that bad and the media is "stirring up trouble."

Does this forum get together and have a meeting about ways to look like idiots? Like, is this a prank on me? Tell the truth. Be honest.
This isn't anything new dude. Nor is it as bad as some make it out to be. If people want to stay with their own kind, then I'm fine with that. If people chose not to be desegregated then that is their choice. There are several schools like that here in the US that are voluntarily desegregated and no one is bitching... Well maybe one or two people every now and again but other than that nothing.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Media is making it about race. It more than likely has to do with educational resources. I'm willing to bet 90% of those immigrants dont speak Italian. And now the teacher had develop curriculum for this and it affects the learning of the other students. I used to teach and I use to have to devote time to the Spanish speaking kids and the special education kids, inevitably taking away time from the majority of the class. They expected us to handle this when I am not trained or certified in Spanish or special education. Some parents are pretty particular when it comes to special treatment for other students.

·
Registered
156 Posts
does italians should learn what blood is running through their veins..

·
Banned
9,032 Posts
This isn't anything new dude. Nor is it as bad as some make it out to be. If people want to stay with their own kind, then I'm fine with that. If people chose not to be desegregated then that is their choice. There are several schools like that here in the US that are voluntarily desegregated and no one is bitching... Well maybe one or two people every now and again but other than that nothing.
lol'd

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
Media is making it about race. It more than likely has to do with educational resources. I'm willing to bet 90% of those immigrants dont speak Italian. And now the teacher had develop curriculum for this and it affects the learning of the other students.
This right here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts