Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wwe would bring back the cruiserweight title the have so many guys who arent doin anything and it could be defende on superstars i mean we have tatsu bourne primo chavo kidd baretta that could get it off to nice start your thoughts

·
Banned
542 Posts
Would it be a good idea yes, would vince keep it going no i dont think so just look the last person who had that title could tell you how much he cared about that division.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very true but i dont really see the point of having all that talent working torward nothing i guess kayfabe wise you all these guys who have no title goals at all seems strange to me

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
It would be good but Vince would probably hire a bunch of midgets like Hornswoggle and make them champion.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It would be pretty nice but WWE would screw it up :S

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Pointless. If they're not going to do anything with those workers, they won't do anything with them if there's a title the company doesn't care about to aim for.

Put it this way, the WWE still have tag team titles. It doesn't mean that they're building, giving TV time to, and generally using the tag teams they had. The CW title would be treated even worse.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
It would be pretty nice but WWE would screw it up :S
Agreed. Probably would go back to Hornswoggle for a year plus reign.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Never understood Vince's hatred of the CW title. Good midcard belt to have the roster fight over and the matches could be show stealers if they use the right guys. I doubt we will see it anytime soon and if they use it like they did last time I don't want to see it back.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
The Cruiserweight Title never got the status it deserved in WWE. In 2003, WWE had a pretty great Cruiserweight roster but they never bothered giving the strap any meaning; Rey Mysterio, Jeff & Matt Hardy, Ultimo Dragon, Chavo Guerrero, Billy Kidman - they had a lot of distinctive Cruiserweight talent that the fans could get behind. If they'd given these guys longer matches and a decent, high up spot on the PPV card, the Cruiserweight Title could've become as established as the IC title used to be. With so many other singles titles bouncing around, having a title with a distinction was really refreshing.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It would be good for it to come back on Superstars. However, for me they damaged that division by ending it and to give it Hornswoggle for long reign was a joke.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Never understood Vince's hatred of the CW title. Good midcard belt to have the roster fight over and the matches could be show stealers if they use the right guys. I doubt we will see it anytime soon and if they use it like they did last time I don't want to see it back.
Thing is, if they bring it back they'd probably have to drop the US title since they don't have sufficient depth to accomodate a strong division. That's assuming it's to be treated as a mid-card title. Alternatively it could replace one of the world heavyweight titles, after all, there's no real difference in prestige between the weight classes in boxing so why should wrestling be any different? They could be treated as sepaate but equal.

The other thing they could've, and I would've, done s repackage ECW as a CW show. Too late now though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts