Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it's not any better now.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/19085/

In the main event, MVP defeated Matt Hardy with the Play of the Day. MVP gave Hardy three rolling german suplexes, followed by the Chris Benoit throat-slash gesture, then pointed to the sky. Some fans around ringside booed.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
if only he did three suplexes instead of germans......he would of goten cheered out of the building with by giving an eddie tribute

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I don't give a shit how MVP feels about the guy, but maybe just show some common sense and not express the admiration for the murder-suicide wrestler at a show? Just a thought.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I personally don't believe that Benoit killed his family,a even if i had fith in it, i would'nt boo someone for paying in ring tribute to him

EDIT: what has Human Tornado to do with it?

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Yeah, that's sort of ignorant.

Regardless of your beliefs or opinions on the matter, if you're a guy like MVP, you really should just stick to the bulletpoints of your match. There's nothing wrong with borrowing moves from Benoit or beefing up your repertoire with his moveset as some sort of tribute, but I don't think it's really wise to make gestures like that.

It's still a very sensitive subject for too many people in the fanbase. Benoit had a big influence on MVP, and there's no denying that MVP's development seemed to grow in large part due to his interaction with Benoit.

Even so, shit like that should be left to the shoot interviews and whatnot. That's just my two cents.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Even if MVP's heart was in the right place, paying tribute to a murderer is never a good idea. You don't see the Buffalo Bills having OJ Simpson day or TV Land showing a marathon of Baretta.

I personally don't believe that Benoit killed his family,a even if i had fith in it, i would'nt boo someone for paying in ring tribute to him

EDIT: what has Human Tornado to do with it?
You're right. It was Dynamite Kid (who is faking being in a wheelchair BTW) who murdered them because he was upset people were comparing him to Benoit. Davey & Sunny better watch their backs.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But you never know what goes behind the scenes
Uh huh, I'm sure police spent eight months looking for ways to frame him because goddammit, HE'S A FAKE FIGHTER~! If anything, they withheld details from being leaked to the media to keep the entire fiasco from blowing up even more.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
HURR DURR EVERYONE KNOWS BENOIT DIDN'T DO IT CAUSE WRASSLIN IS FAKE!!>!

Anyway, I don't care who he pays tribute to, let him do what he wants. It's his bookings it's affecting.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
MVP is such a fucking loser, I can't wait for him to get desperate for money and start robbing and kidnapping people again so they can throw his ugly no talent ass back in jail!

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
^^ Harsh much..?

Jesus. The guy paid tribute - in poor taste, I must admit - to an undeniably talented worker, who he felt he owed some sort of tribute obviously. Maybe, in MVP's own way, this was something he felt was overdue. After all, he's been under the WWE umbrella since Benoit's death.

Now, in his first appearance away from that controlled environment, he wanted to show his admiration for Benoit. I don't know. It's all up to speculation really. I'm just saying that there's obviously some justification for it in MVP's own mind.

Was it still foolish? Yep. Was it ill-timed? Probably.

But to say the guy should go back to committing felonies and being locked up is every bit as ignorant.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
I'm not saying that because of the Benoit thing, I've always hated MVP. He's just a thug who had no business being on TV acting like a role model, maybe if he was a janitor for the WWE I wouldn't mind but there was no way he should have been on TV and stuff.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Go breed with boaby.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
Who is Boaby??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts