Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get that some of you are like 11-16 years old and don't know any better
And that Kid didn't have the mainstream, well documented career of someone like Benoit , Hart or Angle (even tho we was in the WWF for a while).
But Kid is the greatest wrester to ever live , ever , ever , ever, period.
I'm talking ring work. Hell he probably isn't even in my top 15 favorites , he never sold a million T-shirts but he is the GOAT.

At least have the man in your wrestling vocabulary

Just trying to spread the Dynamite Kid gospel to those who are lost .....

Here's the link to his wiki page...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite_Kid

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I really don't think there's too many people here who haven't at least heard of the guy, though I don't doubt that a lot of people haven't seen much of his work.

Wonder if he'll ever see a Hall of Fame induction? I'd imagine the guy's pretty damn bitter about how he's ended up...

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i highly doubt half of WF doesn't know who Dynamite Kid is. in fact i've only ever even seen one or two people question who he was.

needless to say, to the actual quality of the man, yeah, he was definitely one of the best ever when it came to doing business in the ring. certainly one of my favorites to watch along with Benoit, Guerrero, Angle, etc.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Vintage™;9060568 said:
I really don't think there's too many people here who haven't at least heard of the guy, though I don't doubt that a lot of people haven't seen much of his work.

Wonder if he'll ever see a Hall of Fame induction? I'd imagine the guy's pretty damn bitter about how he's ended up...
My feeling is that he'll get a posthumous induction if it happens at all. Having seen the state of him these days it would be very sad for modern fans, it'd better to showcase him in his prime via a video package if/when they induct the British Bulldogs as a team

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Very Under rated but his notorious use of steroids and outrageous backstage bullying ultimately got the best of him and cost him everything he had ever worked for.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just seems like a lot of people don't know.
Most recent thread ... Benoit vs Danielson debate ... someone brought up Kid and I saw a few people had no clue

And then in your standard no0b super repost "Who's the best wrestler ever" thread...
It takes til like page 6 for someone to put him in their top 5. Just saddens me.
Even if people discover him and still don't think he's the best ever ...they still should know him IMO.
Maybe not the most marketable , oozing with charisma guy , but he needs more respect. Guy took a sport and an art and perfected it

It's like being on a basketball forum and posters not knowing Jordan , or Magic or Bird etc.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Just seems like a lot of people don't know.
Most recent thread ... Benoit vs Danielson debate ... someone brought up Kid and I saw a few people had no clue

And then in your standard no0b super repost "Who's the best wrestler ever" thread...
It takes til like page 6 for someone to put him in their top 5. Just saddens me.
Even if people discover him and still don't think he's the best ever ...they still should know him IMO.
Maybe not the most marketable , oozing with charisma guy , but he needs more respect. Guy took a sport and an art and perfected it

It's like being on a basketball forum and posters not knowing Jordan , or Magic or Bird etc.
If it helps he's always in my top 5 when those threads come up :D

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Meh, nobody here gives a shit about Buddy Rogers either but you dont see me complaining.

Actually, nevermind, I do. Infact it pisses me off. Anyone who is not aware of Buddy Rogers needs to take a nice long look in the mirror and evaluate yourself as a wrestling fan.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
Dynamite kid? What a piece of shit.

Tremendous talent, but from stories told he was one of the most dispicable guys in the business.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dynamite kid? What a piece of shit.

Tremendous talent, but from stories told he was one of the most dispicable guys in the business.
and?
doesn't take away from what he did in the ring.

Benoit pulled a murder suicide and is still one of the all time honored people in wrestling.
HHH , Hogan ...they've screwed more people and buried more careers than anyone and yet are both loved.

Being a douche shouldn't take away from your accomplishments

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
and?
doesn't take away from what he did in the ring.

Benoit pulled a murder suicide and is still one of the all time honored people in wrestling.
HHH , Hogan ...they've screwed more people and buried more careers than anyone and yet are both loved.

Being a douche shouldn't take away from your accomplishments
which is why the words *tremendous* and *talent* appear in my post. Perhaps you mistakenly read over it or do not comprehend. Allow my to put it in layman's terms for you: He's really good.

you wanted to inform those not familiar with Kid about him, I'm just adding info to go along with it.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
He was fantastic, his matches w/ Tiger Mask were awesome, similar to people like Frank Gotch, i've hardly heard people mention him when he basically pioneered submission wrestling in north America along with Stu Hart (imo).

·
Registered
970 Posts
A fantastic talent...
As someone before said, it doesn't matter if he was a complete dick. Chris Benoit committed truly horrific acts and is still rightly considered to be one of the best ever. This thread is about acknowledging how great a wrestler he was, not how nice a guy he was

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Name came off to me as I should know who he is, but I am not a familiar.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Dynamite Kid was a great athlete and a great worker, but a poor human being. I think the fact his memory has been allowed to fade away, even by the people that considered him one of the best, is a good reflection of this.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I personally only rate somewhat decent personalities such as Danielson and AJ Styles as best wrestlers ever, guys like Dynamite Kid and Benoit never made it into my top list. Not that I feel guilty for not adding pricks and murderers into my top list though, I prefer to put hard workers in that one.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
That's really the thing though, usually the typical names tossed around depends on the age of whoever responds to those threads and how long they've been watching wrestling.

Right now it's mostly Golden Age through to the Attitude Era guys who are labelled as the greatest of all time, which obviously means you've got guys like Hogan, Austin and so on and so forth. In a few years time, the exact same question will be getting answers like Cena, Orton yadda yadda. You won't catch anybody tossing around names like... well fuck, even I don't know shit about wrestling before the 80s.

If Dynamite was still wrestling to this day, or was born 20 years later and were at his peak right now, people would be saying he's one of the best.

Same thing with 'foreign' wrestlers who don't work North America. Not many people here will list a guy like Misawa in their top guys list.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts