Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like i said it makes me sad that after watchig the amazingly funny wedding ep of Nxt i walked up to my wife and said "Man that was the most i have enjoyed a wrestling show in ages"

I then walked away and realised that it was infact the funniest and most watchable ep of any WWE or TNA shows in like years. Comentary cracked me the fuk up OM Josh Mathews was ON FIRE kid had me laughing for about an hour after the show.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Really? For you the most watchable wrestling show in years was the one with almost no wrestling and centered around a wedding? I don't think it has anything to do with the quality of shows. I think the problem is you are watching the wrong type of show.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If they released this season's episodes on DVD I'd definitely buy them. I have the first couple episodes on DVR and sure I'll watch them again for the laughs.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
yeah, it's funny.

but if the reason you got into wrestling was to laugh, and to not really watch any wrestling......uh.....then you didn't really think about the decision before you made it.

the show's a joke. if you honestly wish every weekly show was like that, you don't want to watch wrestling, you want to watch comedy central.

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
yeah, it's funny.

but if the reason you got into wrestling was to laugh, and to not really watch any wrestling......uh.....then you didn't really think about the decision before you made it.

the show's a joke. if you honestly wish every weekly show was like that, you don't want to watch wrestling, you want to watch comedy central.
Fact is, he's got a point though. The wrestling on TV is shit either way most of the time. We get the occasional great SmackDown match, but outside of PPV there's really very little wrestling to look forward to. If we're being realistic, we're more likely to be entertained by WWE going NXT style than WWE going all out with wrestling on television again.

The fact is, NXT is a very good comedy show and comedy is one of the purest forms of uncomplicated entertainment that you can get. Frankly, it's only really rivalled by wrestling or dancing. Songs often have loftier aims, as do many other entertainment media.

I watch wrestling for pure, uncomplicated entertainment. Their comedy achieves that. Would I rather they intertwined that with genuinely watchable, well-written storylines and segments, and quality wrestling? Yes, yes I would. But they won't. The main point is this: WWE is going for some comedy regardless, so they need to go NXT-style with it. You want to add the other parts in too, I'll back it. But, if not, if the comedy is the only bit you're going to really try with consistently on televised programming, do it right and do it NXT. NXT's comedy is how wrestling comedy should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts