Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do not understand people who say that alberto del rio should be world champion but at the same time say they will stop watching raw if john morrison wins the world title.

what i dont understand is that why do they say that when morrison is obviously better than adr in almost every aspect.

character
John morrisons mystical parkour character or gimmick is much more interesting than the mexican jbl gimmick that adr has been handed,
like anyone didnt get sick of JBL continuously underlining his superiority of wealth and arrogance and degrading everyone when comparing himself to all the fans, now we have to sit through another 4 years of a mexican JBL degenerating us, which will follow a probably face turn, which will remove ADR from THE RICH GUY gimmick to a boring JUST ANOTHER WRESTLING GUY gimmick, my point being the ADR character will never be a successful babyface.

The john morrison gimmick is fresh to the world of pro wrestling, and casual fans are actually interested in it, his gimmick doesnt scream I AM JUST ANOTHER GUY WHO CAN WRESTLE it also isnt another tired I AM SO RICH, AND THEREFORE I AM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU gimmick, even as a heel his I AM BETTER THAN YOU GIMMICK was different than other ones we have seen in the past.

in ring ability
while most will say ADR is a pure wrestling technician and whatever, I agree, but the in ring skill I am typing about the WWE in ring skill, where it doesnt matter if your a pure wrestling technician, what matters in the WWE style of in ring performance is that you can entertain the fans.
I honestly am so sick of ADR busting out the same move routine week in and week out which is DAMAGE OPPONENTS ARM AFTER 3 MINUTES, HIT FINISHER, MATCH OVER.
I think I speak for every casual wrestling fan when I say, ONE of the reasons I watch raw is because john morrison, he keeps me on the edge of the seat, I dont know what crazy move he will bust out next, whiles ADR matches make me actually want to sleep

promo workand mic skills
now, this is the controversial one, I agree ADR mic promo and skills would tear john morrisons promo and mic skils into shreds, but this where repetitiveness comes back to bite, and by all means WWE creative is to blame, not ADR.
I am honestly sick of the smackdown opening mexican fiestas each week since his debut.

okay this guy beat rey mysterio a top face, has a fiesta for the first time after that, that was fine, it was genius play on his character by WWE.

BUT, he injures christian, another fiesta, a bit repetitive.

another fiesta after his royal rumble win

and yet another fiesta with a chocolate box this past week

i dont know if i missed any more fiestas, and I hope I did because I dont know what I would have done if I watched more.

Now john morrisons heel promo cuts and mic work were never repetitive, they were not overrated nor underrated they were good, the dirt sheet always had new exciting things
the only thing i could find repetitive about the dirt sheet would have been miz and morrisons intro and their outro, which was ok because it was their thing, their catchphrase, so that is ok to be repetitive.

i have more reasons that john morrison is as good as ADR if not even better.

but these are the main ones that most ADR fans think would detail his superiority to others

I know i am not the only one who is sick of the ADR character including how he tries to be cocky with that retarded smile in the ring, which makes him look like he has mouth paralysis, which makes me want to change then channel, no offense if anyone here does.

anyway what do you guys say.

·
Dragon Slayer
6,629 Posts
I don't know of anyone who said they would stop watching if Morrison won the title. First off, people say that about everything. Half the people here would say they'd stop watching if King wore the wrong size crown. We never stop watching though. We're fans. No one should stop watching if Morrison wins because hes pretty talented in the ring. His big weakness though is he has awful mic skills. He probably already has a title reign under his belt if he could speak on the mic. With all that said, Morrison is not better than Del Rio. Don't confuse kayfabe or booking with ability or talent. ADR has far better mic skills, more charisma, and more in ring ability.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Morrison's Johnny Nitro and overall heel turn got so fucking stale dude just go back and watch a few MNNM segments tell me you still think he's more versatile a character than ADR. ADR has only had one character so far, Morrison has undergone a name change and gimmick change before and frankly it hasn't been great other than his natural athleticism

·
Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know of anyone who said they would stop watching if Morrison won the title. First off, people say that about everything. Half the people here would say they'd stop watching if King wore the wrong size crown. We never stop watching though. We're fans. No one should stop watching if Morrison wins because hes pretty talented in the ring. His big weakness though is he has awful mic skills. He probably already has a title reign under his belt if he could speak on the mic. With all that said, Morrison is not better than Del Rio. Don't confuse kayfabe or booking with ability or talent. ADR has far better mic skills, more charisma, and more in ring ability.
ADR may have better in ring WRESTLING ability, but he doesnt entertain in the ring with those abilities

and morrison has so much charisma, you can smell it when he enters the room

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Is this one of those threads where the OP makes a statement, asks for opinions, then argues with every single person anyone who dares disagree with him? It feels like that.

And ADR is better.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I rather have Morrison in the main event right now than Jerry Lawler, but that's creative booking from Raw's writing team for you.

And yes Del Rio is better in every single way, as well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't like it when people have a different opinion then me. We should all be mindless drones who never argue.

·
Better than you
890 Posts
To set the record straight, ADR barely tops Morrison in overall skills. If Morrison could just work the mic without looking a retard, he would be better than ADR.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think ADR is a total package. He's no doubt a main event material. But I don’t understand why make ADR fans hate JoMo so much.
They never have problem in real life. They have only few matches together and ADR win most of it. And heck, they even not in the same frigging show!!!

So I suggest ADR fans (Who hate JoMo) just stop watching Raw then. Watch Smackdown since right now it all about Alberto’s road to wrestlemania.

·
Registered
458 Posts
From what I've seen in WWE, ADR is massively overrated by the IWC. I don't really care about his Indy work, and he hasn't really pulled through much since arriving. It's pretty obvious that the company has faith in him, and I hope he proves me wrong.

But right now, JoMo > ADR. I get that the IWC jizzes for ADR, but the guy just ... hasn't stepped up yet. And right now, JoMo seems to step up every other week. Best match at TLC, highlight of the Royal Rumble, again on Raw Rumble, took the Miz to his best match as champion, and remains consistantly exciting the rest of the time. It doesn't matter if daniel Bryan could wrestle an octopus for an hour or if ADR can backflip of a tricycle. JoMo is the best thing going at the moment.

Oh, but I like Ziggler too. Actually, lets say they're even.

·
Leader of #TeamBAE
1,560 Posts
From what I've seen in WWE, ADR is massively overrated by the IWC. I don't really care about his Indy work, and he hasn't really pulled through much since arriving. It's pretty obvious that the company has faith in him, and I hope he proves me wrong.

But right now, JoMo > ADR. I get that the IWC jizzes for ADR, but the guy just ... hasn't stepped up yet. And right now, JoMo seems to step up every other week. Best match at TLC, highlight of the Royal Rumble, again on Raw Rumble, took the Miz to his best match as champion, and remains consistantly exciting the rest of the time. It doesn't matter if daniel Bryan could wrestle an octopus for an hour or if ADR can backflip of a tricycle. JoMo is the best thing going at the moment.

I agree with this post, it's not like Del Rio is bad, he just needs to step it up and hopefully he will. I prefer Morrison to Del Rio, but I am not here to bash Del Rio, just hoping he can deliver big time on the RTWM.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I agree, it is much harder to get over as a face than a heel yet Morrison has managed it while ADR hardly gets any heat at all despite having just won the Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Because Alberto Del Rio has by far the more interesting character and mic work.

If he ever turns face, he'll be a more entertaining ring worker too.

·
Registered
53 Posts

totally agree with this

·
Registered
458 Posts
More interesting character is a little unfair to judge. ADR has a gimmick. As far as I'm aware, JoMo does not. He seems to go by the Jeff Hardy "No Gimmick needed" rule.

And the mic skills argument I don't understand. I've never seen any instance where watching him has made my ears bleed. All I have to go on is the fact that him and Miz used to be the most interesting thing in ECW.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Morrison is a guy who puts on a few great spots here and there with his athletic ability but other than that, he's boring. His mic work is forced and like others have said he really has no gimmick. ADR is somewhat overrated but still is a much better overall entertainer than Morrison.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
i do not understand people who say that alberto del rio should be world champion but at the same time say they will stop watching raw if john morrison wins the world title.

what i dont understand is that why do they say that when morrison is obviously better than adr in almost every aspect.

character
John morrisons mystical parkour character or gimmick is much more interesting than the mexican jbl gimmick that adr has been handed,
like anyone didnt get sick of JBL continuously underlining his superiority of wealth and arrogance and degrading everyone when comparing himself to all the fans, now we have to sit through another 4 years of a mexican JBL degenerating us, which will follow a probably face turn, which will remove ADR from THE RICH GUY gimmick to a boring JUST ANOTHER WRESTLING GUY gimmick, my point being the ADR character will never be a successful babyface.

The john morrison gimmick is fresh to the world of pro wrestling, and casual fans are actually interested in it, his gimmick doesnt scream I AM JUST ANOTHER GUY WHO CAN WRESTLE it also isnt another tired I AM SO RICH, AND THEREFORE I AM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU gimmick, even as a heel his I AM BETTER THAN YOU GIMMICK was different than other ones we have seen in the past.

in ring ability
while most will say ADR is a pure wrestling technician and whatever, I agree, but the in ring skill I am typing about the WWE in ring skill, where it doesnt matter if your a pure wrestling technician, what matters in the WWE style of in ring performance is that you can entertain the fans.
I honestly am so sick of ADR busting out the same move routine week in and week out which is DAMAGE OPPONENTS ARM AFTER 3 MINUTES, HIT FINISHER, MATCH OVER.
I think I speak for every casual wrestling fan when I say, ONE of the reasons I watch raw is because john morrison, he keeps me on the edge of the seat, I dont know what crazy move he will bust out next, whiles ADR matches make me actually want to sleep

promo workand mic skills
now, this is the controversial one, I agree ADR mic promo and skills would tear john morrisons promo and mic skils into shreds, but this where repetitiveness comes back to bite, and by all means WWE creative is to blame, not ADR.
I am honestly sick of the smackdown opening mexican fiestas each week since his debut.

okay this guy beat rey mysterio a top face, has a fiesta for the first time after that, that was fine, it was genius play on his character by WWE.

BUT, he injures christian, another fiesta, a bit repetitive.

another fiesta after his royal rumble win

and yet another fiesta with a chocolate box this past week

i dont know if i missed any more fiestas, and I hope I did because I dont know what I would have done if I watched more.

Now john morrisons heel promo cuts and mic work were never repetitive, they were not overrated nor underrated they were good, the dirt sheet always had new exciting things
the only thing i could find repetitive about the dirt sheet would have been miz and morrisons intro and their outro, which was ok because it was their thing, their catchphrase, so that is ok to be repetitive.

i have more reasons that john morrison is as good as ADR if not even better.

but these are the main ones that most ADR fans think would detail his superiority to others

I know i am not the only one who is sick of the ADR character including how he tries to be cocky with that retarded smile in the ring, which makes him look like he has mouth paralysis, which makes me want to change then channel, no offense if anyone here does.

anyway what do you guys say.
Del Rio was drawing money in Mexico and was a bonafide star before he ever got to the WWE. Morrison is a mediocre half talent who guys like because he looks somewhat like Shawn Michaels and he can jump at certain angles thanks to his gymnast background. Del Rio got over in record time and Morrison is BARELY getting over after being there for 8 years.

Del Rio is very natural and good on the mic...Morrison just SUCKS. That's why Miz is so superior to him.

·
Banned
3,522 Posts
there's only one reason.

ADR's facial expressions and mic skills are way better than morrison. but i'd admit this, Morrison is the most exciting wrestler in the entire roster. i can see them getting behind him ala they did for benoit aka sympathy push one day. not sure when, but the dude definitely deserves a good title run.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts