Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past couple of weeks on both Raw and SmackDown, John Cena has seen action.

He fought Wade Barret on SmackDown and on Raw this past week, he competed in an eight-man Elimination Match.

On SmackDown, Wade Barret came to the ring and reminded John Cena that he owned him like a slave and he personally asked for the match to prove to the world that he still does. People watching it thought with the way WWE was going, it would be a hard fought match to start off the new super show.

They were dead wrong.

What everyone got was a complete squash match that saw John Cena beat Wade Barret with almost no offense from Wade Barret himself. John Cena set him up for the "Attitude Adjustment" and gave a wink to the camera. He delivered it and got the three count.

That left a very disgusting taste in not just my mouth, but the mouths of many. This was one match however and John Cena had not had a dominant match in a long time. It could have been a bone WWE was throwing to him and an understandable one.

The very next week, John Cena was not seen until the end of Raw where he was giving his promo on Alberto Del Rio. Alberto Del Rio came out and said everything twice. He seriously did.

He then sent out a group of people he had talked to throughout the night to attack John Cena. A group of people that have not been used on WWE television that much rushed to the ring to make the save.

The Eight Man Elimination Match was made and from the very start, it had Super Cena written all over it.

It was a very typical situation where the odds were being stacked against him as his teammates were being eliminated one by one. Eventually, it got down to a two on one. It was John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger. It even had the predictability that everyone is familiar with.

I called from the very start of the match that John Cena would be left, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler would fight and it would cost them the match.

Guess what happened.

Alberto Del Rio tried to come in and do something but was quickly AAed and sent packing. A predictable ending to a very good Raw show.

Because of all of that I must now ask a very obvious question.

Is Super Cena back already?

I wrote an article a while back stating that there appeared to be some change in John Cena's character in the CM Punk feud and that it was a good change because it was something that was desperately needed.

I may have been wrong all this time.

I thought WWE had moved on from this and that change was happening. A new era was dawning on the fans and IWC and those days were behind them. It looks like it was just for one feud and that was it.

John Cena is displaying what everyone did not want to see and got sick of long ago. Maybe I am jumping the gun, maybe I am not. All that I do know is right now WWE is starting to revert back to its old Super Cena days.

The WWE better not have it planned to be that way for the rest of the Alberto Del Rio feud. If they do, that is one major story line for them they already killed for the fans and the IWC because that would mean when Night of Champions happens, it will be a familiar feeling.

A predictable atmosphere, ending and a predictable match that results in John Cena being champion. I am hoping for the best.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I'm not a fan of Cena, but you can't expect one of your main eventers to lose every week, he needs to win here and there too.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,789 Posts
He just got through putting Punk over big at two consecutive pay-per-views. No, they weren't outright "clean" losses, but Hogan was typically "reinforced" after taking a kayfabe blow and Austin always kicked tons of ass after getting screwed or taking a shoddy loss. Cena works TV almost every week, unlike Hogan in that era, and he's not a reckless badass like Austin, many of whose most outlandish exploits were in non-sanctioned match situations, so this is the formula for his top babyface character.

And, think of it this way. He may be acting "super" to throw people off the more plausible reality that he actually isn't winning at Night of Champions. After a year's worth of build, I just don't see ADR dropping the WWE Championship a mere pay-per-view after finally winning it.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I would have preferred if Del Rio interfered and allowed Jack to get the pin, but that didn't happen, but Cena is the main player and he does at some points lose a match due to some interference of some sort, but some of his matches are booked very poorly.

·
Asuka
96,227 Posts
He just got through putting Punk over big at two consecutive pay-per-views. No, they weren't outright "clean" losses, but Hogan was typically "reinforced" after taking a kayfabe blow and Austin always kicked tons of ass after getting screwed or taking a shoddy loss. Cena works TV almost every week, unlike Hogan in that era, and he's not a reckless badass like Austin, many of whose most outlandish exploits were in non-sanctioned match situations, so this is the formula for his top babyface character.

And, think of it this way. He may be acting "super" to throw people off the more plausible reality that he actually isn't winning at Night of Champions. After a year's worth of build, I just don't see ADR dropping the WWE Championship a mere pay-per-view after finally winning it.
Del Rio is not losing at Night of Champions. There's no way. The only problem is, the next PPV is Hell In A Cell, and I don't see how Del Rio is going to escape a HIAC with Cena. I don't know if they'll let somebody who's not a big name beat Cena in HIAC. Frankly, I really, really doubt it. Interference is an obvious suggestion to keep the belt on Del Rio, but if it's not Ricardo, which it likely wouldn't be if they want to believably put Cena down, he'd be taken out of the WWE title feud and Punk can't go back to it right now, so yeah. Cena is pretty much guaranteed to win the title by October.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Del Rio is not losing at Night of Champions. There's no way. The only problem is, the next PPV is Hell In A Cell, and I don't see how Del Rio is going to escape a HIAC with Cena. I don't know if they'll let somebody who's not a big name beat Cena in HIAC. Frankly, I really, really doubt it. Interference is an obvious suggestion to keep the belt on Del Rio, but if it's not Ricardo, which it likely wouldn't be if they want to believably put Cena down, he'd be taken out of the WWE title feud and Punk can't go back to it right now, so yeah. Cena is pretty much guaranteed to win the title by October.
If ADR retains at NOC he should not be vsing Cena at HIAC.

After saying that of course he will and he will take the title.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
It's classic booking. Dusty finish at NOC, then Cena demolishes ADR at Hell in a Cell. Therefore, Del Rio's reign will be remembered as the shitty one.

·
Registered
16,324 Posts
Well for once I expect them to build him up to be Super Cena now for his Wrestlemania match agaisnt the Rock, they need to make him look big now and not loose as much as he has been over the last few months, shame they havent started doing the same for Daniel Bryan :(

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
It's classic booking. Dusty finish at NOC, then Cena demolishes ADR at Hell in a Cell. Therefore, Del Rio's reign will be remembered as the shitty one.
This is probably what will happen. Which will be fucking awful, and WWE will be back to it's old ways by October.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I thought Cena would be the last one standing. Then single handily bury Barrett, Christian, Swagger and Ziggler with his 10 second smile pause then AA shovel.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
I have really CENANUFF

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I think it's a bit harsh just to pull out the Super Cena tag, I felt over the Summer he's took more hits than I've saw him take in quick succession before, he took a few TV losses to R-Truth in the lead up to the Punk feud, he's still supposd to be one of the GOAT's though so he needs to beat the odds

1 - 20 of 30 Posts