Wrestling Forum banner

Israel or Palestine

Israel or Palestine

2678 Views 33 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  dan the marino
This is a bit of a political hot potato so should create some interesting discussion. I wathced the Louis Theroux documentary on the extreme Zionists tonight which I found interesting in the sense that it gave insight into life in a war zone, but I cant really fully commit to supporting one side over the other. It seems to me to boil down to both sides thinking that the land belongs to them, and at one point or another, they are both right.

Feel free to vote in the poll, or not (thats democracy in action ;)) It would be interesting to see how the situation is viewed by the forum.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

9,981 Posts
I'm Palestinian and both sides have their faults.

Still, I've been to visit my family in the Palestinian city of Ramallah in the central West Bank (6 miles north of Jerusalem) 6 times, and the Israeli Jew's would show me first hand how unjustifiable their actions are. I've never gone during a time of war, but it was around the time of the last intifada. The Jew's would randomly do house search's in the middle of the cold night. Make us all come outside and stand in a line silently and identify ourselves. This is just one of the inconveniences my relatives have to deal with regularly.

Like I said, I'm not going to consider my people "perfect" by any sense of the word, but what kind of people kill babies, young children, innocent people just for land? Doesn't that tell you something? But everyone is so brain washed by the media that they fail to recognise the Zionists as murderers and terrorists.

The land is yours because you got kicked out of your other homes and decide that the Old Testament declared it for you?

They actually recently attacked a random aid ship like the bunch of fucking pathetic terrorists they are.

They learned nothing from the Holocaust.

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
By Israeli logic I can make up the church of Alberto Del Rio, and say in my holy book, the book of Don Caras, that I am part of a holy race that owns the state of Georgia.

And the UN, UK, and United States would have to comply and just hand it over, nevermind whoever happens to be living there.

· Registered
2,507 Posts
Absolutely stupid poll.

Both have extremist fucknuts on each side screwing any chance at a resolution. Israel is doing horrible stuff on the West Bank with home relocations, heavy handed tactics and treating Palestinians like dirt. Palestinian extremists are shooting rockets into Israel and blowing themselves up on buses. Neither side eats pork.

· Premium Member
47,277 Posts
I was under the impression that Israel exists for political reasons more than religious ones. The religious reasons are an ex post facto deal as I understand it. My understanding of the conflict is not as good as it should be though.

I do know this. There are Israeli settlers that settle on land designated for Palestinians. These people need to get GTFO. They only make this tense situation worse.

· Registered
980 Posts
I'll choose Palestine, as long as it's not anti-semitic to do so.

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Not a fan of either.

Israel kills innocent Palestinians. Palestine has terrorists who also kill innocent Israelis and use children as human shields.

It's silly to see this in "Black and White" terms like calling every Muslim a terorrist and every Jew a murderer. There's like a billion Muslims in the entire world, how the heck can they all be terrorists?! Also, it's stupid to use Israeli government actions as an excuse for anti-semitism. There are millions of Jews who don't live in Israel and many of them aren't Zionists and criticise the Israeli governemnt.

What I'm about to say now will probably upset some people so be warned:

This "Holy War" thing and the land belonging to X or Y because they are both the chosen people is ridiculous, this is the 21st century so it's kind of pathetic for there to be "Holy Wars" nowadays.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.