Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it against the law to discriminate against someone based upon race, creed, religion, sexual orientation and disability? If so, wwe judging talent based on their look is against the law. A wrestler not getting a big push because they're too small in Vince's eyes, is taking money away from him and effecting his livelihood. In no other industry would that be okay

·
Is a Snit Head
22,310 Posts
Isn't it against the law to discriminate against someone based upon race, creed, religion, sexual orientation and disability? If so, wwe judging talent based on their look is against the law. A wrestler not getting a big push because they're too small in Vince's eyes, is taking money away from him and effecting his livelihood. In no other industry would that be okay
If you can show me a law where height, weight, and muscle mass are protected classes I will agree with you.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,871 Posts
There is a loophole in the law if you are "hiring someone to play a specific part". This is why if you are a director and you are looking for someone to play a middle aged Asian woman you can't get sued if you don't hire a 19 year old white guy.

Companies take advantage of this rule such as when restaurants hire only young, attractive waitress because the place has a boob theme and the girls are performing a role.

WWE actually legitimately has specific parts to be played by certain types of people.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
IF you're being serious, it don't work that way in the entertainment business ex. movies, popular music, modeling, pro wrestling, etc.

·
The Irish Rapist
3,392 Posts
It's also sexism that most male movie roles go to men rather than women.

Now seriously, get a clue! WWE pushes who they believe will make them more money. Race, gender, size and look affects that. Grow up.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
Of all the ways WWE could be kinda breaking the law....

Independent contractor stuff..

Steroid stuff..

Antitrust stuff..

Royalty payment stuff..

Wrestler health insurance stuff..

Declaring income and profits stuff..

Statements to investors stuff..

The one you said... That's not one of them.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
OP, please. If a certain type or race, gender or body type is better at doing a job than another, then there is nothing wrong for WWE hiring these guys only. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't care much for look

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.