Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
22,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To create new stars? so this stipulation of having to be a former wwe champion is just stupid and takes away MITB' whole purpose. People wanna see new stars and guys who have never held the title, not someone like Cena who gets title shots whenever he wants anyways and doesn't even need mitb.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Well there is the smackdown version so hopefully ziggles wins but jericho and orton have been in them before and both were former champs before that.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Well there is the smackdown version so hopefully ziggles wins but jericho and orton have been in them before and both were former champs before that.
yes, but this time it is a guarranteed former champion winner with all of the participants being former champions. Having one or two former champions in the match is alright, to add star power and a what-if factor to the match but to have everyone on there established guys defeats teh purpose of the MITB which is to push up and coming stars who are on the brink of superstardom and need that small push into the Main Event status - Miz, Bryan, Van Dam, Punk and Edge are all examples of this.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
yes, but this time it is a guarranteed former champion winner with all of the participants being former champions. Having one or two former champions in the match is alright, to add star power and a what-if factor to the match but to have everyone on there established guys defeats teh purpose of the MITB which is to push up and coming stars who are on the brink of superstardom and need that small push into the Main Event status - Miz, Bryan, Van Dam, Punk and Edge are all examples of this.
I agree its pointless but so is the whole concept of MITB as it devalues championships which should be won in a hard thought contest.If you want to create stars then bring back the KOTR.

·
Feed Me More
634 Posts
This is BS. The whole concept of MITB was to push midcard level wrestlers to the next level, i.e Edge, CM Punk, The Miz and Daniel Bryan. Putting former champions in there just defeats the whole purpose of MITB.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree its pointless but so is the whole concept of MITB as it devalues championships which should be won in a hard thought contest.If you want to create stars then bring back the KOTR.
YES! It was the perfect way to create and build a star.

But those of you complaining about theis? Seriously? They clearly only have the guys that fit this criteria to fill out one MitB match. Like it was originally intended to be at WrestleMania. I hate that it is its own PPV.

But they dont need to hand these out like candy every year. One a year is enough, and this is one way of sorta doing that. Tons of people asked for just one MitB match, and now you basically have one. The WWE Title MitB mats now basically serves as a #1 contenders match, as it does seem thrown together as they had a PPV upon them with 5-6 MainEvent level stars that dont really have any fued to go with and this gives them time to develop some.

Then the WHC MitB match is the one we are acustomed to, having the younger, up and comers, that need the ME push and will create the new star. (hopefully)

Its likely a one year novelty, I doubt that it continues after this year. Hopefully they go back to having only 1 MitB per year and have it as a staple of WrestleMania again and rebrand this PPV (fingers Crossed for KotR)

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I really wonder how all the non main stars feel in WWE in 2012. Rock main eventing WM despite appearing several times in past year. Lesnar coming in for a few appearances, and WWE acts like he's the biggest celebrity in the world. WWE brings in a former star in Albert/Tensai to do stuff that any star in WWE could easily do.

Times like that, makes me really wish WWE did have competition. In the 90s, if WWE treated stars like that, they could just be like "If you're not doing anything with me, release me and I'll go to WCW". In todays world, WWE is basically like "Just be happy you're apart of our company"

·
Registered
526 Posts
True that.
The whole point was to push midcarders to the next level;not former World champions.
They should get rid of the Money In the Bank PPV and have the ladder match at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
To create new stars? so this stipulation of having to be a former wwe champion is just stupid and takes away MITB' whole purpose. People wanna see new stars and guys who have never held the title, not someone like Cena who gets title shots whenever he wants anyways and doesn't even need mitb.
I don't think the concept or point of Money In The Bank was ever to simply create new stars but a new and at the time exciting way to make people a WWE/World title contender which has seen some success in Edge and CM Punk and then some who it hasn't worked with like Jack Swagger and The Miz with some the jury is still out on in Bryan Danielson and Alberto Del Rio. It is actually a great idea and something i wrote in a thread last night titled "John Cena to make a historic announcement on Raw" which for some reason i now can't find anywhere on here as i said eventually someone is going to cash in and lose so why not have it be John Cena as it won't hurt him.

What i also said though as WWE booking is very predictable is i can see John Cena winning Money In The Bank so The Big Show doesn't thus furthering Cena/Show and as John Cena isn't the type of on screen person to cash in the normal way he will announce the night after Money In The Bank on Raw and say he is cashing it in at Summerslam against CM Punk for the WWE title. We all know Cena/Punk will be a great match as they have great chemistry but The Big Show will come out and either cost John Cena so CM Punk will win or we'll end up with a No Contest and then at Night Of Champions we'll get Cena/Punk/Show for the WWE title in a Triple Threat, obvious booking is obvious.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I think the biggest problem is MITB is supposed to be leading up to a big moment where the winner shocks everyone and gets catapaulted into the title scene. It's supposed to completely shake up the card from up top. With WWE having multiple glass ceilings, it's one of the few times people can legitimately see a newcomer make a run for a major title.

Booking the Raw MITB in this manner completely ruins this moment. The four men booked (Cena, Big Show, Kane, Jericho) don't need any help getting into the title scene. They are mostly there already and there isn't any obstacles to get them there besides Vince approving it. There isn't any struggle. There isn't any unpredictable moments. So it leads to a very dull match in which Cena is the odds on favorite to win. It also tells the audience to not view any up and coming talent as a title threat since they can't even be booked in the match which could make them a threat. So that's also counterproductive in moving Raw forward. Smackdown should not have their MITB booked this way. The Smackdown MITB is literally the only match that can save this PPV and make it stand out from a standard episode of Raw or Smackdown. If it is booked like Raw's MITB, it sends an even bigger message to not take their new talent as a threat.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It gets brought up every other month, but what if Cena used MITB to turn him heel(similar fashion to how Punk turned heel with his MITB cashin).

Though even if Cena cashes it in on Punk or Orton, people will still cheer him probably.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
They just want Cena to have another accomplishment on his HOF resume. Its stupid that they continue to put Cena over when he is the top guy already.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Well we were also complaining about there not really being a need for two ladder matches, so now one is irrelevant!

Yeah it's a problem, and also a problem because I like these kind of ladder matches, but besides Jericho (maybe Cena at a push though he isn't very good at spots which don't involve lifting something really heavy) none of these four will be able to pull of any interesting spots.

·
714 Posts
I'm not sure if their just gonna leave it at 4 or add more to it. I could see The Miz being added to it, if he's done filming his movie.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
To create new stars
Tell that to Swagger and ADR. No, MITB isn't about building new stars. It's been used for that at times but there have been as many flops as success stories.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Tell that to Swagger and ADR. No, MITB isn't about building new stars. It's been used for that at times but there have been as many flops as success stories.
I'd also include Kane & Punk's first cash-in.
WWE has never gone one direction with the MITB.

Simply winning the MITB doesn't do anything, it's what they do with that matters.
Instead of building a wrestlers up after winning it, wrestlers should be built up prior to winning it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts