Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The performers bring the character to life. If they get popular they should get credit. The last time I checked it was only 6% you got. 6%? That's nothing. Other promotions you get all of it. That's crazy

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Hurricane Helms got 1 million dollars out of royalties. The fucking Hurricane got that.

You're trying to perpetuate the idea that these wrestlers get almost nothing in royalties but just a quick fact check shows that it isn't true. The percentage might be low, but a wrestler can sell a lot of merch that in the end, it adds up to a lot.

You also forgot to mention the fact that in other promotions, you're lucky if you get fans even buying your merch in the first place. Not to mention the fact that these wrestlers have to supply their own merch, meaning they pay for the costs of making it themselves while WWE handles all the merch costs.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6% though, especially nowadays isn't big because the sales are going down, so you should capitalize on what you sell right now and hurricane got that how many years ago? They don't sell like that anymore

·
Registered
31,932 Posts
The performers bring the character to life. If they get popular they should get credit. The last time I checked it was only 6% you got. 6%? That's nothing. Other promotions you get all of it. That's crazy
1. Where did you get 6% from because numbers like that are always negotiable depending on who you are.

2. Name these benevolent promotions that make merch for the talent and give the talent a 100% of the sales? Other promotions barely pay folk when they're off injured, but you expect us to believe they're so kind as to let the talent keep all the money for merch the talent is paying to make.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did I say they make merch for the talent? I said they keep 100 when they sell it. Nobody reads threads correctly

Is that your gimmick, to always either defend WWE or go against the OP? Every thread you participate in you disagree with the OP. You got to agree sometime!

·
Registered
588 Posts
OP, your anti-WWE threads are getting ridiculous. Why should we care about how much WWE superstars get from merch? It's business, without WWE nobody would buy those shirts(except for Cena) WWE superstars don't get over by themselves anymore.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
OP, your anti-WWE threads are getting ridiculous. Why should we care about how much WWE superstars get from merch? It's business, without WWE nobody would buy those shirts(except for Cena) WWE superstars don't get over by themselves anymore.
Zack Ryder did.

6% may sound small but that can be a lot. Let's say Reigns sold £1,000,000 worth of merch , he gets £60,000 thats a lot and that's with his match moeny which based on his status will be very high. It's fine. Wrestling don't have to rely on merch these days.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Where are you getting 6% from?

There are a number of wwe contracts online and the merch royalty rate is 25-30%..

Wwe generated $59 million in merch sales last year and after costs and paying royalties had $17 million in profit before tax/interest

Unless another wrestling company is creating, distributing, marketing etc the merch and then giving the wrestlers 100% of the proceeds I am not sure why you even made that statement. If John cena comes up with a new slow cooker and pays all the costs of production, marketing, advertising, distribution himself I am sure he would also keep 100% of the proceeds.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Its just economics. Individual superstars only make a small percentage on each sale for the WWE, but they also don't have to pay to have the shirts made themselves and don't have to pay for the giant marketing machine generating most of the merch sales for them either.

So in almost all cases for the WWE guys 6% (or whatever it is for each) and not having to pay any of the expenses to produce or market your merch > 100% of the sales revenue but still having to pay to produce and market the merch yourself.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,812 Posts
6%?? Where the hell do you get your facts from?

·
The Irish Rapist
3,392 Posts
CM Punk said he didn't like turning heel because it meant his paycheck would be smaller due to less merch sales. I doubt 6% would make him upset considering even as a heel he sold quite well.

Even if it is 6% WWE has all the costs and is the platform. It's fair.

·
Registered
31,932 Posts
Did I say they make merch for the talent? I said they keep 100 when they sell it. Nobody reads threads correctly

Is that your gimmick, to always either defend WWE or go against the OP? Every thread you participate in you disagree with the OP. You got to agree sometime!
I'm not a wrestler my guy there's no gimmick, say something I agree with and I'll agree. You didn't say anything about who makes the merch, but you should have because that matters. No company is going to pay to make you merch and let you keep all the profit.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
You also get a downside guarantee and any medical work paid for by the company, and the company has shirts in Wal-Marts across the world.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Reactions: PirateMonkE
1 - 20 of 30 Posts