Wrestling Forum banner

Is your girlfried/spouse a fan of the WWE?

2197 27
My fiance kinda used to be during the Attitude era but questions why I still watch and follow it as much as I do. She doesn't even know another promotion exists, let alone the indy's. However she's ok with it, but refuses to come to live shows with me =( I don't hide it from her like some guys may do (not that their anything wrong with that).

Anyone with a similar experience?
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,491 Posts
she'll watch it, and go to events with me, we are going to summerslam together. but shes not as big a fan as me.

· Registered
2,387 Posts
I watch raw with my girlfriend most weeks, sometimes smackdown too if we're not doing anything. She just watches it for pure entertainment value and knows nothing of the history of wrestling prior to a year or two ago, doesn't know any of the moves, inside terminology, etc. Us watching it is mostly just for the sake of spending time together doing something, it's something to do for 2 hours that doesn't cost any money. I guess it's refreshing in a way to watch it with someone who isn't a bitter, cynical smark like 99.9% of the IWC.

· Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I watch raw with my girlfriend most weeks, sometimes smackdown too if we're not doing anything. She just watches it for pure entertainment value and knows nothing of the history of wrestling prior to a year or two ago, doesn't know any of the moves, inside terminology, etc. Us watching it is mostly just for the sake of spending time together doing something, it's something to do for 2 hours that doesn't cost any money. I guess it's refreshing in a way to watch it with someone who isn't a bitter, cynical smark like 99.9% of the IWC.
That's great that she watches with you. I can't get her to sit through 2 hours of Raw with me. I'll be watching it in the living room and she'll walk by and I usually don't ask her to watch with me, but I always wait for that moment that she will take the initiative to be interested in watching it herself. It hasn't happened yet, however she was glued to the TV when the Rock returned since he was already her favorite. The true test is tomorrow night, I'm inclined to see if the Rock is powerful enough of a draw to get someone who hasn't cared much for wrestling to watch.

· Registered
68 Posts
Same here, bro. But more than that, she is an Orton fan :rolleyes:.

· Registered
314 Posts
My wife got us tickets to Raw when it came to our city in January. She went and had a pretty good time. We are considering ordering Wrestlemania if the storylines leading up to it seem interesting enough. We dvr Raw and watch it in about 45 minutes cutting out commericals, divas, and promos we've already seen. She knows a little of what goes on Smackdown, but we mostly just watch Raw.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.