Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen half a dozen or so Xplosions now and I think I'm preferring the different style to Impact.

Here's my Pros/Cons

Pros -

1. no Mike Tenay, my god that man does my head in! He's like the family member you can't stand who always says things you don't want to know/care about.
2. Getting JB on the mic with Taz. There's a definite chemistry between these two. They can take the mickey out of each other and it's funny. I can't remember the last time I laughed at any comment between Taz and MT.
3. The 'lesser matches' that get missed off Impact. I've seen some good Ink Inc/Gen Me matches plus Brutus matches that never made it. I just prefer these type of matches and have no idea why they don't make it to Impact.

Cons -
1. too much 'filler' talk going on, cut back on that and get another good match in and I think I could stop watching Impact altogether.
2. the low-lighting during the match - hmmm, not sure about this one yet. It does look different from Impact though which is good.

I'd say Xplosion is 8/10 for me right now, Impact is 5/10.

Well done whoever is in charge of putting together Xplosion, I'll be watching for sure.

So what do you guys rate/hate about Xplosion?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not better, but different, I like Impact and the developing storylines, Xplosion should be used as a talent show for the people not involved in current stories and I think it should have it's own title. Maybe the X-div or TV title or a new one.

We need another couple of matches and yes less talk. This weeks just 2 matches Gen me vs Ink Inc singles I thought was a bit disappointing tbh. Certainly in the UK get it off the Extreme sports channel who's quality is just awful.

·
Premium Member
44,201 Posts
Last time I watched it, it had that shitty blue lighting from Hardcore Justice. Is that still the case?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Lol - by saying that Xplosion is better then Impact, you might aswell say that Superstars is better than Raw :lmao

·
Registered
934 Posts
I love Xplosion

The commentary team of JB and Taz is accidently hilarious. Basically JB just ignores everything Taz says all show, including his jokes, and calls everything hella serious. It gets on Taz's nerves.

Was also enjoying EY+OJ and the few Magnus matches.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The only bonus that I see is that it has longer matches and it shows ReAction clips that international viewers can't see. Needs more matches and someone else to replace Taz. Oh and that lighting is silly, just replace the damn ring ropes to black or something.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I need to watch Xplosion,maybe I can enjoy TNA for once.

P.S. Superstars is awesome, it allow talent to be wrestlers. Chris Masters been having a great year on the show with a bunch of great matches. Maybe we can start seeing the same out of Rob Terry one day.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
The only bonus that I see is that it has longer matches and it shows ReAction clips that international viewers can't see. Needs more matches and someone else to replace Taz. Oh and that lighting is silly, just replace the damn ring ropes to black or something.
This.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I like it, I wish it was a one hour shows with 3-4 matches. The KO matches on Xplosion are 2007-2009 level material (well they actually utilise their whole KO roster there) and the tag matches are also usually decent to good. Everything is more slow-paced and calm compared to Impact, it lacks the exciting storylines but since it's a wrestling show that's forgiveable.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
When Impact starts to make a more consistent rise in ratings, then Spike should put Xplosion on for an hour or two on Tuesday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts