Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 was one of the worst years ever for WWE imo. The Cena/Orton feud, the start of the guest host era on Raw, and the PG era in full force were lowlights of that year. There were some highlights like the Jeff Hardy/CM Punk feud, HBK vs Undertaker, and Batista's heel turn, but overall it was a really bad year and worse than 2019 so far imo.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,028 Posts
no. 2006-10 was very bad.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
I think it is, yeah. Sure 2009 had the Guest Host bollocks, but I literally have to try so hard to care these days. Didn't think I'd be saying that with Seth, Kofi and Becky as Champs, but that shows how even :vince can fuck up something so good.

·
Registered
21,452 Posts
I feel like it's the same mid C to low B product that could be better if they did a few things different show it was then. Its just nowadays all the mehness of the week to week then has been forgotten and all that remains is the big moments good and bad.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,655 Posts
Wow, what an original thread 8*D

At this point, pretty much everyone here already knows that the current product is poor.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'd say yes it's worse now. I really didn't enjoy the product 10 years ago, but now I just have a general apathy to it. Its like they aren't even trying anymore.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Well less people are watching that's for sure. I mean even look at this board. Every week I come here I recognize more and more regulars. THAT'S NOT GOOD. So it feels like only 25 or so fans are left still talking about the WWE in here. On a forum that used to have more posters than you could remember them all. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still here, I tend to get more enjoyment from the posters here than watching the actual product.

The thing is, does it feel like the company still has the emotional investment of a lot of people? No. And it feels like the people who are still invested are more masochists than actual fans. And the masochists is a very very niche demographic in this world.

I think there are forums dedicated to chess tournaments that have more regulars in them than in here now.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
I was about to give the default "yeah of course" thinking ten years ago was 2005-06 time, then I remembered "holy shit it's 2019" and I actually have to think about it.

Erm, it's hard to say. The in-ring wrestling is definitely better now. 2009 had "honest man" Jericho and straight edge society CM Punk though, two of my all time favourite characters. 2019 has Bryan and Becky in prominent positions, so it's hard to call really. I stopped watching in both years, although if I had to say one is worse, I'd say 2009 was slightly worse. Raw was an absolute dumpster fire all year long. The guest hosts, the Hornswoggle/Chavo feud, Orton and "Legacy" getting beat up 3 on 1 by Shane, urgh. Lest we forget Mike "Jamaican me crazy" Adamle, and his favourite wrestler Jeff Harvey.

"SummerFest" and "Kofi Johnson" too :lol

Fuck, 2009 was baaaaad. Thank God we had Jericho and Punk. Remember the hideous DX vs. Legacy feud? Everyone thought Ted Jr. was gonna be the next big thing :lol

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,746 Posts
It being worse now or then is going to be a subjective answer for each individual.

I would say its probably worse for me personally as currently I have never watched less of WWE's weekly programs than I do nowadays

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
2009 was better than today's product. At least back then we had TNA as an alternative and I was regularly watching it until Dixie fubar'd it by bringing in Bishoff (he was worse than Hogan).

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 99 Posts