Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused. The past two weeks on Smackdown he has been doing some legit serious stuff, with the whole breaking up with AJ and being a real dick about it. But they've also been reaaally putting emphasis on the whole YES! thing which tbh seems a little gimmicky and comedic. He's even renamed his finisher, and he's been shouting it as he does random moves in a match. Fair enough if you want him to shout it, and I like it, I'm just really confused what they're trying to do with this guy. Main event serious guy or upper mid-card comedic guy?

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I think they were ready to dump him into the midcard obscurity for a long time, but then Miami happened. Remember ADR's title shot? Because WWE dont. They are making it up as they go along, and it seems they have no idea of what they want to do with him.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think the point is that Daniel Bryan is so far up his own ass, that he's kind of lost touch with reality. It's comedic, but it shows another side to his character which is cool. He's also become nastier in general and in the short time that he had in the ring with Sheamus during the legend's smackdown debacle, he was less terrified of Sheamus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts