Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We see this kind of thing everywhere. The roster's weak. There's no star power. The booking is terrible. The storylines suck. No gimmicks. No tag division. No hardcore division. No decent divas. On and on and on.

It gets quite tiresome after a while. Obviously most of the above are true, and there is a lot WWE needs to do to improve the product. And we all know it can be done, if they can be bothered.

But here's my point...

WWE is weak at the moment, yes. Why? Because of a total lack of competition. It's going to be a long, long time before TNA will compete with WWE, if indeed it ever will. But that was the case in the early-mid 90s. Then when Vince realised WWF could give WCW a run for its money, something changed, and the rest is history.

So yeah, there's not a lot of star power like there was during the Monday Night Wars. The roster overall needs an overhaul, and the divas and cruiserweights need to be utilised. But once another wrestling company does start to give WWE some competition, surely WWE will do something to improve itself?

The bottom line is, I've seen the odd post saying WWE is dying, once Vince dies that'll be the end, TNA will take over before long, blah blah blah. And it's clearly total rubbish, right? The fact is in business terms WWE is very strong, and they are still doing a decent amount right, in the main event scene at least.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hence why we, the fans, need to invest into other wrestling companies like TNA, ROH etc. Until that happens, WWE will not give a shit about anything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Honestly it seems like WWE is sabotaging themselves. Forcing gimmicks on people, burying people that work to get over, diva's division is a joke when the champ is jobbing to the top of the diva jobbers, forcing certain wrestlers onto the public, no tag division, large part of the roster not being used.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
cant have too much to complain about this year. usually at the end of wm season theres nothing to look forward to. but this year they brought back brock. it would wcw level screwjob to not make money off brock.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I'm loving the WWE at the moment and in my opinion the last year and a half or so has been the best that the WWE has been in years (I'd go as far as saying since 03-06). People will always complain though, people even complained just as much during the attitude era. Some people don't enjoy it but I do so I'll sit back and be entertained while half the board sits their complaining and nitpicking every little thing to find another reason to complain, just like the RAW after Wrestlemania where we had an epic Rock promo, amazing crowd and atmosphere, good matches/segments and Brock Lesnar returning to the WWE and delivering an F5 to John Cena in front one of the greatest WWE crowds of all time, a moment that will go down in history and be remembered for a long time but you come on here and what do you see? people complaining about John Cena smiling and saying he ruined the segment and ruined RAW lmao.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
WWE "bad" is still millions of dollars of profit. The "millionaire who should be a billionaire" thing and all that mess.

I'm sure it's probably an organization full of people with their heads up their asses and miss a lot of obvious chances to improve, but at the end of the day they're still a multi-million dollar global entertainment empire, and that's really what matters to them. They could give a shit less about the product.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Its about staying on Top. No, WWE is not going to die but low ratings would mean they lose USA network deal which is an embarrassment.

TNA is not even in the radar.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Its not a sinking ship. Wait until the WWE network crashes and burns, then you could make an argument

Reactions: A-C-P

·
Registered
128 Posts
No they aren't sinking ship anymore it looks they have created atleast 3 stars last year growing on star power they would be eventually on their peak after 2 years

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
LOL no. WWE is in its second most profitable era.

The only people saying ratings and buys are falling are comparing it to previous high standards set by the exact same company. When you look back at it, WWE is earning millions.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I wouldn't call it a sinking ship. It's just a genre as a whole that is declining in popularity due to lack of competition (and the resulting stagnant product), and more entertainment options. Will it see a resurgence? maybe. Will it eventually fail? maybe. Right now to me I just view wrestling like a popular sitcom, or CSI or something. Nothing groundbreaking, but It has been on a long time, and you know what to expect.

·
All Out
2,802 Posts
Funny that people are calling WWE a sinking ship when 'Mania (their biggest show of the year) did the biggest number it ever has. Their ratings might not be huge at the moment, but people watch on the net too. Definetly not a sinking ship.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Not even a little bit. We're a little bit pressed on the entertainment front in terms of star power and such, you're right, but that's not the only part of the WWE as a business and financially, they are doing fine.

You're right in that I'd like them to get some competition. In the late 90s they were in the "try anything" mode because they were desperate to claw ahead of WCW at the ratings. Enter Stone Cold Steve Austin. I think the same thing happened last summer when they'd just lost another star in Edge, it was one big star too many and they went back into the "try anything" mode. Enter CM Punk.

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
not a chance the wwe is still making a mass amount of money thats why there has been nor drastic changes when it starts to lose money you will see changes, they are about to bring there own network out remember that shows you they arent sinking

1 - 20 of 67 Posts