Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just started listening to clips of Meltzer and Alvarez on some podcast talking WWE related stuff on Youtube. They make it sound like business for the wwe is doing alarmingly bad . Profits are up for other companies like New Japan, but down for WWE. Without their good tv deal they would almost be TNA bad.

·
Registered
14,804 Posts
In before people who don't know the difference between profit and revenue.

I wouldn't say WWE is in "trouble" just yet, but they need to get their spending habits in check and I'd imagine there are some salaries that could be slashed from the top down.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
wwe would be totally foolish if they didnt have people knowing exactly what numbers they were working with, clearly they know things arnt totally rosey when they are cancelling programs and not using pyro etc, its not something you do if you are under a belief that everythings running along more than fine.

HOWEVER, cutting pyro and cancelling the odd show or two isnt going to turn a failing company around into a successful one so therefore I wouldnt say they are in trouble, simply more that things arnt particularly moving in the right direction so they are being careful not to waste money that isnt there to be spent on such things.

If they were under some kind of illusion then they wouldnt be cutting anything, they would just spend and spend until the pot ran out, the most they might be in illusion of is that things might pick back up because its after mania and the summer rather than the actual numbers.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Little known fact: They've actually had record revenues the past few years.
Little known fact to you: they've actually had alarmingly bad profits this year.

But probably just another Meltzer fabrication LOL

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
They're doing well in their own universe.

In mainstream sports and entertainment? No way.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Little known fact to you: they've actually had alarmingly bad profits this year.

But probably just another Meltzer fabrication LOL
Little known fact to you: it was a joke based on the obsession with record revenue on here.

I predicted you and the other goons wouldn't understand it so I edited the comment to spell it out for you. Shame you didn't get there in time

·
Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
3,535 Posts
I think people in WWE know a little more than Meltzer and Alvarez.. People take their word like it's gospel.

I hope WWE is doing well. If they believe they are, i'm sure they're doing great.

·
it's a tarp!
7,267 Posts
WWE's costs are nearly swallowing their revenue whole, so cost-cutting is on their agenda.
WWE's revenue problems come in the form of The WWE Network.

A few years back WWE had a substantially lower TV rights deal but still made decent profits, the most obvious change is moving monthly supershows from PPV to the WWE Network.

To make the bigger profit WWE craves, they are going to have to notably increase their Network charge, people willing to pay $50-60 for PPV/month before the Network could now end up paying $19.99 or more.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
If I was a businessman, $5 million profit after all the money I am spending on is not a good thing at all. I would be fuming and try to fix my product to get a higher profit. Something tells me the WWE is content with their $5 million profit. Cutting costs with ending shows and pyro is not a good sign though.

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
WWE's costs are nearly swallowing their revenue whole, so cost-cutting is on their agenda.
WWE's revenue problems come in the form of The WWE Network.

A few years back WWE had a substantially lower TV rights deal but still made decent profits, the most obvious change is moving monthly supershows from PPV to the WWE Network.

To make the bigger profit WWE craves, they are going to have to notably increase their Network charge, people willing to pay $50-60 for PPV/month before the Network could now end up paying $19.99 or more.
I'm not paying $20 for any WWE PPV, they're garbage 99.999% of the time.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
That illusion was gone the moment they brought in the WWE network and made it dirt cheap to purchase. They basically were saying nobody is going to pay $50 for our PPV anymore or $40,30, and even $20.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get rid of WWE studios, 10-15 people off your whole roster, do half the number of PPVs.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.