Wrestling Forum banner

Is WWE afraid ...

5156 Views 51 Replies 48 Participants Last post by  dangreenday
... to book a Cena vs. Undertaker match at a Wrestlemania?

I think they're afraid to do Cena vs. Undertaker because they know the crowd would absolutely shit on Cena not only during the match, but would go ballistic if Cena actually broke the streak.

Do you think WWE is afraid to book the match because of that very reason?
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
They're saving it for Undertaker's 20'th WrestleMania match because that's got to be a special match. They're not afraid to do it. If anything, they probably can't wait for WM 28 to roll around because it's a guaranteed money maker. Cena is going to be booed at WrestleMania no matter what. The fans will boo him against Miz just like they do against everyone else.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Like everyone else has said they're obviously saving this match for WM28, I don't think they'd be afraid to have the match because of Cena getting booed he gets booed against pretty much everyone. I know he'd get booed worse if he ended the streak but they always brag about the emotion negative or positive he brings out of the fans so they shouldn't be shocked or afraid if he gets the shit booed out of him.

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
As much as I HATE to say it, and beleive me I hate it, John Cena is the ONLY one that could end the streak. I know people say CM Punk could and I would love to see that but unfortunatly he is no where near the level that Cena is at the moment when it comes to reputation in the WWE. So yeah, I agree when people say it'll happen at WM28.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
You kidding?

Its the last big money match left in the WWE, Vince will be aroused at the thought of it.

It will certainly happen.

· Banned
2,149 Posts
Hopefully Taker retires sometime in 2011. If he's still around it's pretty much guaranteed to happen considering they've always thrown the older guys at Cena trying to give him more credibility. I really don't want to see the match personally and hope it never happens.

· Leader of #TeamBAE
1,598 Posts
The only person who was ever going to break the streak was Orton, and I'm pretty sure even he refused to do it. That was the right time if they were going to do it. Taker will retire 20-0.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
The last singles match I remember them having was at Vengeance '03. I could be wrong tho.

And I wouldn't want Cena to be the one to break the streak. If Taker plans to retire after WM 28, then they should just let him have 20-0. Cena doesn't need to have that accomplishment.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
If i'm not mistaken i think they had a single match in 2006 during one episode of Raw but it ended in DQ when Booker T and Big Show attacked Taker.

Anyway, Cena vs. Taker will take place next year at WM 28, this is probably the only big money match left.

· Registered
225 Posts
It would however, be the perfect chance to turn Cena heel...
If Cena turns heel and ends the streak, there literally will not be a way to EVER turn him face again short of bringing Muhammad Hassan (same 2005 character and extensive mic time and everything) back for Cena to feud with. So no, Cena won't be turning heel. The hit to merchandise sales would not be worth it, unless someone else in the WWE starts selling merchandise like crazy between now and Wrestlemania 28.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.