Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about the range of opinions on this messageboards and the number of varying opinions started me thinking if wrestling fans are the most awkward fans to please of any sport.

I've come to the conclusion that the wealth of dvd's, wrestling coverage, uploads, official youtube videos, unofficial videos etc.. that people use to make their arguments is thenmost comprehensive of any sport.

Here in the UK with our favourite sport being Football (soccer) despite a few grainy clips of compilation videos etc, there is no way the wealth of matches or full length videos of key moments etc, let alone in other popular sports!

Feel quite lucky that bar a few 'rewrites of history' by deleting Benoit, we have such a well preserved time capsule of our sport from 1988-current day readily available

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew it'd be a sticking point terming it a sport, but most stockists when u go to buy have it in that section. Ok is pro wrestling the most document form of social entertainment? I'd be hard pushes to what you could compare it too on a minute to minite comparison with footage etc

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Way more than UFC for sure, but other things,especially NFL have way more documented footage. They have many camera angles(and audio) from basically everyone on the field for every game.

WWE stuff is way easier to access than sports cause WWE isn't technically a sport, it's a TV show(and just like tv shows,you can find episodes easily on the internet).

In terms of merchandising and all that....its mostly cause WWE seems to have a huge/loyal following similar to things like Star Wars and stuff.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Thinking about the range of opinions on this messageboards and the number of varying opinions started me thinking if wrestling fans are the most awkward fans to please of any sport.

I've come to the conclusion that the wealth of dvd's, wrestling coverage, uploads, official youtube videos, unofficial videos etc.. that people use to make their arguments is thenmost comprehensive of any sport.

Here in the UK with our favourite sport being Football (soccer) despite a few grainy clips of compilation videos etc, there is no way the wealth of matches or full length videos of key moments etc, let alone in other popular sports!

Feel quite lucky that bar a few 'rewrites of history' by deleting Benoit, we have such a well preserved time capsule of our sport from 1988-current day readily available
Football has TONS of documentaries/books/videos etc. compared to pro-wrestling. But I agree its good to see that wrestling likes to make sure history is easily accessable

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
WWE stuff is way easier to access than sports cause WWE isn't technically a sport, it's a TV show(and just like tv shows,you can find episodes easily on the internet).
wwe held 320 live events in 2012 and only 1/3rd of those were televised

Pro-wrestling is not a sport.
:lol @ wrestling being a sport
the definition of a sport is:
"an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

based on that pro wrestling is a non competitive sport

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
On being the most preserved/documented I'm going to say no. In that, kayfabe, lessens the credibility of the information at hand.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
No, but its past is much more accessible than other sports. It's much, much, much easier to watch some random match from 2003 than it is to watch some random NFL game from 2003.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Pro-wrestling is not a sport.
:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

- Mike :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

"an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

"non competitive sport" is an oxymoron... you missed the word "competes"... by definition, if it's not a competition, then it's not a sport

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
:lol

Wrestling a sport...

I would think Boxing..

Hell if wrestling was a sport it wouldn't even be the most documented in America.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
for most documented sport, it has to be baseball... it's the only sport where you can never watch someone play, look up their numbers, and be able to tell exactly how good of a hitter or pitcher they were...
Unlike other sports, you can look up a box score and find pretty much the whole story for the game, and how well each player performed... and when you can find almost any box score dating back to the 19th century, yeah, baseball wins

·
Banned
3,904 Posts

Its pre-determined nature means it cannot be defined as sport.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Its pre-determined nature means it cannot be defined as sport.
Yes it can. Stop arguing with the dictionary.
Chess and League of Legends are sports too.

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts