Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He paid Bret Hart to leave during the height of the Monday Night War.

He let The Rock's contract expire in 2004.

He is now willing to let Bryan and Punk go to AEW.

Doesn't sound like these performers were that important to his does it? I love Bryan btw, but given this perhaps he also wasn't the draw I thought he was.

·
rasslin
7,705 Posts
He’s not willing to let punk and Bryan go to aew. He has no choice in the matter as both are free agents.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He’s not willing to let punk and Bryan go to aew. He has no choice in the matter as both are free agents.
He's not fighting to re-sign them though.

If Vince thought they were draws he would make them an offer they couldn't refuse.

·
Ho!
18,261 Posts
I get a kick outta these threads.

Doesn't sound like these performers were that important to his does it? I love Bryan btw, but given this perhaps he also wasn't the draw I thought he was.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
People are fed up with Vince's shit. The environment has changed and there are plenty of places to work nowadays and make $$$. This is especially true with guys like Phon Khan running around paying scrub indy wrestlers top dollar to fill out his roster.

Kissing Vince's as isn't ass necessary as it used to be in order to make it in the industry and quite frankly, the WWE just doesn't feel all that special like it used to feel to these guys I bet.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There’s only so much Vince can do if guys want creative control, working fewer dates, etc. And some might just want to be the Main Event guys. And Vince never really saw Punk or Bryan as consistent Main Event guys to build the company around. Probably because they’re smaller guys. I don’t think it’s the equivalent of Hall/Nash leaving. If Roman/Seth left, that would be the equivalent of Hall/Nash.

·
Premium Member
17,623 Posts
What makes you think Vince didn't try, but got beat by a wealthier company?

Reactions: ShadowCounter

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
All Vince cares about anymore is the goldenboy. Plus, because of him, nobody is really a draw anymore. Why do you think he keeps bringing Oldberg back?

Reactions: llj and rich110991

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow he drew a whole 2.5 million viewers, that's such a big number!! I don't know how anyone in history could compare to such a high viewership!!
Seth drew a huge rating with Cesaro earlier this year.

Reigns, Cena, Goldberg and Lashley have failed to match it.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
9,469 Posts

It´s a matter of making AEW overspend like WCW did, and then he´ll buy the leftovers at his own price..

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

We both know Seth is a draw.
Wait....
By implying he let The Rock go in 2004 because he wasn't a draw (which had nothing to do with it btw)

And then saying Rollins is a huge draw...

Are you implying the Seth Rollins is a bigger draw than Rock then ?

LOLOL

1 - 20 of 88 Posts