Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Hardcore Casual
639 Posts
Insert "it's all rumours and speculation" disclaimer. Other things to consider:

1. He's just started up the XFL, which as a start-up competing against a virtual monopoly, will take a lot of Vince's time and attention. It's not odd that Vince would be less present the 3 or so months leading up to the launch of the XFL.
  2. He is 74. Much is being made of the fact that he isn't putting himself through circuitous travel plans to make it to every Raw and SmackDown. Even notwithstanding the the XFL, Vince has had WWE in virtual auto-pilot for the last 10+ years, so it makes sense for him to be more "corporate."
  3. Being as much of a control freak as Vince is at his age is actually the weird part, not him slowing down. Most executives his age would be future-proofing their retirement if not already there, taking a step back, grooming appropriate replacements (I assume he doesn't think Steph and Trips will handle everything) etc. The equivalent would be Ted Turner writing scripts at 75-year-old for some show on the Turner Network of channels: simultaneously way below his pay grade and exceedingly arrogant to think that others with an acute creative mind can't create better, more relevant content.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,323 Posts
He's not going to retire until he's dead or otherwise loses his mental faculties.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hoping he retires and sell WWE to Amazon, Disney or even AEW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
He just fired his two co-presidents the two people most qualified to run the business side of wwe in place of Vince. That should tell you everything which is no and actually Vince now has more control than anytime since late 1999 of the company

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You never know he might want to sell because WWE latest financials lead to 9 percent drop, WWE stock down 28 percent and raw and smackdown haven’t been good in ratings and WWE network subscribers in down by 10%

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone buys it got do better job what WWE doing right now surly

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
If anyone buys it got do better job what WWE doing right now surly
You assume anyone can just run a pro wrestling company. Majority of the world don't understand pro wrestling or it's appeal to fans. Anyone can generate more than $960 Million brought in 2019 (double what they were bringing in 2012)?

The stock fell because Vince fired the presidents, he fired the presidents because they were unable to deliver the new India and Middle East tv deals.

·
Hardcore Casual
639 Posts
The stock fell because Vince fired the presidents, he fired the presidents because they were unable to deliver the new India and Middle East tv deals.
Is that the reason that's been given? When I first read about it, that was one of the speculated reasons, but didn't know if it was confirmed more concretely.

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
Is that the reason that's been given? When I first read about it, that was one of the speculated reasons, but didn't know if it was confirmed more concretely.
The reason given by Vince and wwe is that they differed on future strategy but looking at the 4th quarter report where WWE say the haven't signed the tv deals mentioned and unlikely to deliver them makes much more sense as to why the two were fired.

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
No. He would be one of those guys who works 1,000 mph his whole life and then dies a week after he retires. I do not see him ever truly retiring.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
He’s already taking a step back/distracting himself with the XFL. It’s why Paul Heyman has been put into the position he’s in and Bruce Prichard was brought back. These are people Vince knows and trusts to the extent that he knows how they operate and they know how he operates. Triple H has also been given a proving ground on NXT. Shane is around.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
The reason given by Vince and wwe is that they differed on future strategy but looking at the 4th quarter report where WWE say the haven't signed the tv deals mentioned and unlikely to deliver them makes much more sense as to why the two were fired.
What Middle Eastern deals were being talked about here? A new one with UAE or renewing the Saudi one or something else entirely?

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
I can read the future based on numerology, and I said long ago that Vince would retire (either by force or by choice) when he was 74 or 75. WrestleMania 36 would be his final WM. My prophecy is slowly coming true.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
You assume anyone can just run a pro wrestling company. Majority of the world don't understand pro wrestling or it's appeal to fans. Anyone can generate more than $960 Million brought in 2019 (double what they were bringing in 2012)?

Firing two co-presidents with their kind of track records over something like that is pretty short-sighted. But whatever, Vince is an idiot

1 - 20 of 34 Posts