Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean I know he likes Punk judging by the push he's been getting, but why don't he see him as a top guy like he sees in The Miz?

I think I have a reason and that reason would be Punk's look. His tattoos. His physique.

Vince doesn't see CM Punk as a presentable outlet for the media like he does Miz. Look at Miz, he's clean cut, wears a suit well, no tattoos, good looking. He is the most charismatic, presentable guy in the WWE since, well, since John Cena.

And that's what it's all about marketability. I'm sure Vince likes Punk and knows he is MUCH more talented and charismatic than The Miz, but Miz has that one thing that Vince likes the most which is what Cena has, marketability! It shouldn't be like that, but that's how it is.

· Premium Member
26,901 Posts
Yeah you did answer your own question lol

Punk is good at radio promoting but he's a bit too rough around the edges appearance wise for sure to be their "guy". Also, to me it seems to be a bit easier to coach or mold the Miz into what they want him to be. Punk, not so much. He openly mocks the company he works for on Twitter for the world to see. We might think it's funny but he probably isn't the guy you'd want to have going across the country to tout how great the company is.

· Registered
5,219 Posts
18-35, I believe, is the demographic you're looking for. *Yeah I know, what's the difference? Ugh!*

Four years is just a little small of a window to be considered a demographic. You might as well be targeting one age.
same thing lol, to the common person cm punk's look would come off as bad ass.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
Well he was 3 time Champ, and finally shaved that beard, and shaped his head top nice, and his promos are always fresh and creative. CM punks character/role isn't the type of character that is "top guy" so right now I don't think he is in that direction. I honestly don't really know how The Miz got the head line at MANIA, but to me he seems like an all around guy not only in the ring but outside as well, in terms of media and all that other stuff.

· Registered
7,686 Posts
a top guy?

punk is what 3-0 against Cena

cost orton the wwe title

lasted nearly 40 minutes in the rumble

while miz is taking on the king and is in a feud where he forgotten of and he is the champ

now who really is the top guy

· Registered
957 Posts
CM Punk development in WWE has been fabulous. Not too fast, not too slow, but clearly he is a star and will get bigger in his future with the company. I know someone else said this before, I'm going to guess Pyro... but CM Punk is so much like Chris Jericho in the sense that he is such a good worker that they will use him as a "jack of all trades" rather than just put him over as their top star.

He is too valuable in his creativity, putting other superstars over, selling feuds, ring work and psychology, and promo work/psychology, etc etc. He is a lot like Jericho but will probably end up having more World Title reigns, since the WWE has more room than it did back during Jericho's younger days.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
Not that it really means much but how he isn't WWE Champ and the Miz is I will never know. Punk is better than the Miz in every possible aspect of of wrestling/entertainment.
Punk was 3 time underdog champ??? He and jeff were set to the be the next great rivalry, Punk has been trusted with many great roles. He was on top of the friggin titantron about to bungee jump, if he keeps doing his thing he will be just fine, actually he will do FANTASTIC.

· Banned
388 Posts
Punk has a way better physique than Miz. Anyone remember when that Batman actress made fun of the Miz for not having abs like his doll.

· Registered
29 Posts
It isn't marketability at all - Punk is a two time champion.

Fact is, there can only be one WWE champion on Raw at a time. The Miz has been putting on the best matches on each of his cards for a long time, and he has been a great heel champion(outperforming Rock and Cena in the Wrestlemania promo wars).

I love CM, but I also love his Orton feud. There is so much talent on Raw, let's not forget that there is only 1 WWE championship, and the belt won't mean shit if theyre just tossing between everyone's favorite wrestlers.

· Registered
957 Posts
Punk has a way better physique than Miz. Anyone remember when that Batman actress made fun of the Miz for not having abs like his doll.
this is something they want to avoid though, the wwe doesn't want the image that everyone who success in the business is some jacked gym-rat steroid freak, they want normal people to say "hm, if the miz can main event WM maybe I can too!"

plus Punk doesn't even have a good physique either, he's pudgy and soft, miz looks like he's in his very early 20s... but I mean if The Miz can be taken seriously as champion that opens the door for SO MANY OTHERS. CM Punk is NOT as unique as the miz.

· Registered
2,419 Posts
It isn't marketability at all - Punk is a two time champion.

Fact is, there can only be one WWE champion on Raw at a time. The Miz has been putting on the best matches on each of his cards for a long time, and he has been a great heel champion(outperforming Rock and Cena in the Wrestlemania promo wars).

I love CM, but I also love his Orton feud. There is so much talent on Raw, let's not forget that there is only 1 WWE championship, and the belt won't mean shit if theyre just tossing between everyone's favorite wrestlers.
What??? Best matches on the card? Please tell me your kidding.

· Registered
2,419 Posts
this is something they want to avoid though, the wwe doesn't want the image that everyone who success in the business is some jacked gym-rat steroid freak, they want normal people to say "hm, if the miz can main event WM maybe I can too!"

plus Punk doesn't even have a good physique either, he's pudgy and soft, miz looks like he's in his very early 20s... but I mean if The Miz can be taken seriously as champion that opens the door for SO MANY OTHERS. CM Punk is NOT as unique as the miz.
Not going to agree with this either. CM Punk has one of the most (if not the most) unique character in WWE right now. What exactly is so unique about The Miz?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.