Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This man is considered a legend/icon and practically one of the best ever. This is the man who has gone on to have a 20-0 streak and a man who is the most known professional wrestler. He's been world champion, royal rumble winner, hes been in 5 star matches, involved in top feuds you name it.

Hes the man who most people buy to see Wrestlemania to see if this is the year the streak ends. So this makes me think with his age and obviously hes not able to like he use to do you think WWE are too afraid to let taker go and retire?

WM buyrates is important to Vince and he knows without Taker it wouldnt be as high so do you think Taker is too valuable for Vince to ever say goodbye to the phenom?

·
Ho!
18,878 Posts
Re: Is Undertaker the man WWE are afraid to say goodbye to?

Taker definitely helps, but I don't think he's who most people buy it for.

Taker finally retiring will be odd. I mean even though he's only around for one part of the year nowadays anyway, you still always feel like "he's there" and could come back at any moment. But when he finally says "That's it I'm done", it will be odd to not have that presence there anymore.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts

FACT: Taker has'nt put a young talent over since brock lesnar in 2003

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts

No. He's not there for the most part as it is anyway.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

I like the current system

Dont see why they would need to change it, its perfect

·
Premium Member
277 Posts

Although Taker didn't lose to him, Randy Orton came out looking a lot better after their match at WM 21. So, I think he definitely got Orton over after HHH killed momentum in late '04

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

Yes he has. He made Batista, Orton, Edge, JBL, Jeff and Kennedy look better than before they wrestled him

·
Registered
6,761 Posts

FFS he has mostly worked SD since 04 so no he could be gone and it would not matter one single buy

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Taker only has one match a year but wwe are desperate enough to go back to the attitude era stars as they have no faith in the young guys being draws.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Figures lol, of course your gonna have idiots saying No hes not there much... Thats not the point. The mans legacy is the point and as the years went on he became bigger n bigger in WM and now he's only usually around once a year, for that. People kinda expect him to be now, and it does give them a few more buys. People like me, I payed 55+ to see Taker and Taker ONLY and Ill continue until he's gone. Whether some of you think he isnt there much anyway, the people like me don't care. I'd rather miss all this stupid ass boring-**** stuff thats pretty much for kids all year long and just catch his promo's/WM match. His few promos and WM match every year in my mind is better then an entire year of Raw/SD/PPV events all together. He's a LEGEND, not a new pretty boy who needs to be " pushed over " hahaha. Taker never needed a push!!!!!

·
Characters Welcome
1,349 Posts
No one can get away with working one match a year without the fans turning on him, except Taker. This shows the respect the fans, talent and industry has for him. In fact I think it's fair to say Taker is the exception to almost any rule or argument about WWE.

He's done almost everything, however one thing I'm continuously curious about is how he'll be inducted into the HOF, and by whom. Might be worth someone starting a thread and discussion on this if it's not already been done. Would he address the crowd as his gimmick, or Mark.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Lol no he barely wrestles already. Wouldn't even notice if he left

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
WWE can easily bring new people around every couple years to play off the 'streak'. New Comer Wrestler 1: 5-0; New Comer Wrestler 2: 7-0; New Comer Wrestler 3: 16-0. Keep people hoping for another 100+ years, then finally have some new guy they need to push break in the year 3000. Sounds silly, but easily done.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
No one can get away with working one match a year without the fans turning on him, except Taker. This shows the respect the fans, talent and industry has for him. In fact I think it's fair to say Taker is the exception to almost any rule or argument about WWE.

He's done almost everything, however one thing I'm continuously curious about is how he'll be inducted into the HOF, and by whom. Might be worth someone starting a thread and discussion on this if it's not already been done. Would he address the crowd as his gimmick, or Mark.
He got what chants in every promo he did during the build up to mania.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,365 Posts
Hold up, to the one person that says The Undertaker has not put anyone over. Let me get the book of matches in memory out for this one. I do believe in 2003 SD era, he put over Brock Lesnar over most of the year. In 2004 SD era, he put over JBL not once, but twice. In 2005 he put Randy Orton over that year after he got buried by HHH in the Winter/Jan 2005, made him a big star when he fought Orton at Wm 21, helping Orton become the star that he is today. Let me go even further. The Undertaker put over The Great Khali over which people think should not have happened at Judgement Day 2006(could be wrong about the PPV). Later that year he put over Mr.Kennedy in their first blood match at Survivor Series. A year later he put over Batista, then in 2008 he put over Edge at Extreme Rules 2008. A year later he put over Kozlov in which he let Kozlov win clean over him. He also put over CM Punk at Bragging Rights. A year later The Undertaker put over his Brother Kane in their big feud. So don't you say that The Undertaker barley put over anyone.

If The Undertaker would retire, then yes Vince would be in hot water when The Road Of Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania time comes. A lot of people that were his fans for decades, including the new fans of his would be absolutely depressed for awhile, but still miss him. He may only wrestle once per year since last year, but he can still go and perform better then most of the current roster put together. The Undertaker a legend in the WWE for a reason and Vince has high respect for him.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Undertaker has faced all the top guys in the E's history since he's been there. Anyone who could be considered a true superstar for the WWE at one point faced Undertaker (barring Savage & Piper who were pretty much done when he starting appearing).
It will be odd when there is a time that some hotshot newbie will call himself "the man" and not have to measure himself against Undertaker.

He is the bridge between the best eras in wrestling history, its nonsense to believe that he can be easily replaced. They are doing a good job of slowly phasing him out without officially closing the doors. Undertaker seems like a guy who would want to leave without all the fanfare Edge, HBK & Flair had, he has the image of the cowboy riding off into the sunset and I think that's how he wants to go out.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Taker can't retire yet! I haven't ever seen his entrance live! lol

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Any time a big name leaves, I am sure they are a little nervous. Its like watching money walk out the door. But I think they also are in a place where lots of guys share the load. So they may never be able to survive a mass exodus, they can survive with one or two big stars leaving.

Also, I think the gradual fading out is working great. The fans get used to not seeing The Undertaker. Once it stops, it wont be a big change. So fans wont miss him as much.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.