Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
Fuck no. He's slow, he's an arrogant prick outside the ring, and his back has been shot for like two decades. The only times he had a good match was when he was telling a good story or having his opponent carry the match on their shoulders.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I hate this kind of threads

anyway it a matter of opinions
for me he is the best of all time.

·
Banned
251 Posts
obviously. the other answerers are what are called "dumbasses". but yea Undertaker = greatest of aaaaaaaaaall time
The fact that you think your opinion is better than ours makes you the real dumbass here.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Fuck no. He's slow, he's an arrogant prick outside the ring, and his back has been shot for like two decades. The only times he had a good match was when he was telling a good story or having his opponent carry the match on their shoulders.
This.

And there is no ''best of all time'' simply because people have different opinions. The ''best wrestlers of all time'' or ''top 10 wrestlers ever'' threads need to end.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
If you want him to be. You could honestly make a case for nearly every main eventer in the WWE ever because, like that guy said, opinions. And he'e right. No opinion is more valid than another.
And there is no ''best of all time'' simply because people have different opinions. The ''best wrestlers of all time'' or ''top 10 wrestlers ever'' threads need to end.
pretty much

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I wouldn't even put Taker in a top 10, he might have the best gimmick of all time, that's still debatable, what's not in my mind is that The Undertaker is the most protected guy the busisness has seen

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
Inring skills ? No

Mic skills and charisma ? No!

Longevity and title reigns? no!

Drawing power? No!

But I do think he is one of the greatest big man or super heavyweights ever.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
No,
wrestling - Angle, Benoit, Flair etc...
mic - Rock, Austin, Hogan, Flair etc
draw - Hogan, Rock, Austin

but he's one of the best, no doubt, top 5 in my list.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I can say overall he is in the top 3
great wrestler,mic skills,big draw,great gimmick,charisma
he is the total package.

·
Ho!
17,481 Posts
So best, not biggest...

First off, to those saying Taker sucks in the ring, lmao, seen that already in this thread, and that he's a prick, well... wow.

But a case can be made for him being the best all-arounder of all time, a legit case.

This guy was never the best all arounder at one point, but he's a big draw, he has a ton of charisma, his ministry of darkness character is arguably one of the best characters of all time, and is commonly called that, he is GREAT on the mic when allowed to be. His Ministry of Darkness character showed this, and his ABA/Big Evil days showed this. In the ring, back in 2005-2008, he was one of the best in the company, and I'd even say the best of the top tier main eventers. He had consistently good-great matches with anybody not named Mark Henry or Khali, he was very versatile in style. He could wrestle power matches, technical matches, and he could even play the speed game. 2005-2008 he was in the best shape of his career, and his in ring quality showed it. After WM25 though is when his condition started to deteriorate. Before that he was always a very good in ring worker, but back in his early days he was limited by his gimmick.

Hell, for a gimmick that limits Taker in a lot of ways, it's amazing he managed to became the fourth-fifth biggest star in the WWE, at least the biggest of his tier (him, HHH, HBK, etc.) and even though his gimmick may be stale, for the better part of his career he kept himself fresh in the eyes of the public. He also has put over Lesnar big time, gave Jeff Hardy his initial big rub in 2002, did the same with Cena in 2003, put over Orton after his face run had failed in 2005, and put over Mr. Kennedy, just to name a few. It's not even Undertaker, but Mark Calloway is one of the best talents and minds the WWE has ever had.

Now as far as outside WWE goes, I can't fairly judge.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts