Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really seems like WWE are drawing inspiration from the entertaining, awesome, legendary LaVar Ball and his Big Baller Brand with this current story line.

I hope WWE don't sell these guys short. This gimmick could be amazing if they really let them run with it.

Imagine Titus saying crazy shit like "My boy Apollo is better than Shawn Michaels. He is better than The Rock. He is better than Stone Cold. He would whip Roman Reigns ass. He would beat John Cena's ass."

And have Titus say stuff like "I would destroy Undertaker in his prime. One on one, he can't handle me." Like LaVar said about Michael Jordan.

They can even sell $500 Apollo Crews shirts, and Titus can say anyone that can't afford that shirt is broke and a loser, and the opposite of a big baller.

This shit could be entertaining as hell if they play it right, and could really get both guys over. Apollo in particular can get a lot of sympathy if he plays it like he is really reluctant to go along with all this crazy stuff but does it anyway due to his loyalty to Titus and the fact that he doesn't want to let him down.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I'm happy with the current Titus Brand, no need to plagiarize Lavar. Maybe Titus can incorporate some Lavar tactics, but I'd rather he just keeps doing what he's doing. That shit with the belt had me in tears. :lmao

I'd also like to add that it would be nearly impossible to recreate Lavar's thing in the WWE. He's a better promo than like 95% of the roster

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
If this is actually a parody of that...I'd be fucking stunned because that would actually be a legitimately good idea, poking fun at something that is very current and very criticized. In fact, its such a smart move that it makes me think that its a complete coincidence because the people running WWE currently are too dumb to pull off something like this.

Against my better judgment, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It'd be brilliant if Titus dropped a line about aiming to get a billion dollar shoe deal with Reebok or claiming that 1 on 1, he could beat Hulk Hogan.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
This Titus Brand angle is entertaining but this is a company that had their announcers bury The Ascension for saying they were better than The Legion Of Doom and Demolition even though they scripted it, so I doubt they will let it go that far.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
If this is actually a parody of that...I'd be fucking stunned because that would actually be a legitimately good idea, poking fun at something that is very current and very criticized. In fact, its such a smart move that it makes me think that its a complete coincidence because the people running WWE currently are too dumb to pull off something like this.

Against my better judgment, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It'd be brilliant if Titus dropped a line about aiming to get a billion dollar shoe deal with Reebok or claiming that 1 on 1, he could beat Hulk Hogan.
The "Titus Brand" gimmick debuted something like two months before the college basketball season even started, so it definitely wasn't the original inspiration. That said, if they want to pull from it, it would probably only help.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
It really seems like WWE are drawing inspiration from the entertaining, awesome, legendary LaVar Ball and his Big Baller Brand with this current story line.

I hope WWE don't sell these guys short. This gimmick could be amazing if they really let them run with it.

Imagine Titus saying crazy shit like "My boy Apollo is better than Shawn Michaels. He is better than The Rock. He is better than Stone Cold. He would whip Roman Reigns ass. He would beat John Cena's ass."

And have Titus say stuff like "I would destroy Undertaker in his prime. One on one, he can't handle me." Like LaVar said about Michael Jordan.

They can even sell $500 Apollo Crews shirts, and Titus can say anyone that can't afford that shirt is broke and a loser, and the opposite of a big baller.

This shit could be entertaining as hell if they play it right, and could really get both guys over. Apollo in particular can get a lot of sympathy if he plays it like he is really reluctant to go along with all this crazy stuff but does it anyway due to his loyalty to Titus and the fact that he doesn't want to let him down.
I would be all for this. Particularly the parts I highlighted.

The thing with expensive merch would also be hilarious. I can already envisage wrestling hipsters posting screenshots to their Twitter accounts showing off that they've bought the first batch of $500 Apollo t-shirts.

Someone make it happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts