Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this bugs any of you but I really hate how uptight ppl have become in society nowadays. From pretty much every one and their mother bashing Miley Cyrus for being sexually provocative(like if she is the first pop artist do that) to pretty much everyone forcing their beliefs down other ppl's throats. Its not just on the internet this is happening its happening everywhere. Why are ppl so damn serious and easily offended these days? Take a damn chill pill and stop taking life so seriously.

·
Buried by Triple H
3,317 Posts
People have been offensive and offended for years. If you are just now realizing this, welcome to the wonderful planet we call, "Earth."

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I think a large portion of media outlets and famous people shouldn't apologise for what a handful of people find offensive if they could actually prevent themselves from being offended in the first place tbh.

Soon the LGBT community will be influenced to 'apologise' to people who have a sexual love for objects at this rate.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Thats not true in the late 90s and early 2000's not mainly ppl in society were sissified and whining about every damn thing all the time.
odd, since thats all you do

i mean how is you nagging endlessly for the good ol days in your rose tinted glasses any different than them?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
op is such a rebel. attitude era 4 life
yeah OP is also confusing sexual conservatism with political correctness.
There's the cool crew flaming people again, I wish I was like you guys.

Anyway, gotta agree with ya man, I think it has something to do with everyone now thinking that they know everything!!! prob because of the internet, they get this idea of whats right and wrong (morals obviously) but because the internet told them it means its fact, and if you don't comply to their morals your wrong and you need to be punished :lol I dunno world is fucked up, best thing to do is just ignore those types.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
People are pussies and morons, simple as that. Do priests and imams still burn Marilyn Manson's CDs, I'm out of the loop...

·
Premium Member
44,198 Posts
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.” - Stephen Fry.

I agree with this sentiment. I think as people, we should exercise our better judgment and not be abrasive howler monkeys, but at the same time, we do live in a society where freedom of speech & expression is allowed, and lately, it feels like we have to walk on egg shells to prevent offending people.

I don't know about you, but I am willing to get offended once in a while to preserve 1st amendment rights.

To use a personal example, the dreaded "R-Word" is something I hear just about everyday. It hits home with me since I have one brother with autism and another with downs syndrome that passed away. I don't like the use of the word, especially in the form of an insult. But at the end of the day, I am not interested in cancelling TV shows that use the word (I watch South Park for Christ sake. How hypocritical would that be?) and I am not going to yell my head off and openly judge people that do use it because, hell, I say things that others might find offensive, so who am I to judge? I could let my feelings be known and that's about the extent of it really.

People need to grow thicker skins.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.” - Stephen Fry.

I agree with this sentiment. I think as people, we should exercise our better judgment and not be abrasive howler monkeys, but at the same time, we do live in a society where freedom of speech & expression is allowed, and lately, it feels like we have to walk on egg shells to prevent offending people.

I don't know about you, but I am willing to get offended once in a while to preserve 1st amendment rights.

To use a personal example, the dreaded "R-Word" is something I hear just about everyday. It hits home with me since I have one brother with autism and another with downs syndrome that passed away. I don't like the use of the word, especially in the form of an insult. But at the end of the day, I am not interested in cancelling TV shows that use the word (I watch South Park for Christ sake. How hypocritical would that be?) and I am not going to yell my head off and openly judge people that do use it because, hell, I say things that others might find offensive, so who am I to judge? I could let my feelings be known and that's about the extent of it really.

People need to grow thicker skins.
I use the R-word in everyday life, its never meant in a literal sense and it just gets thrown around when someone does something stupid or makes a mistake, its nothing to be offended about and I am glad that you can deal with ppl using it, given your situation, if everybody could just do that then none of this shit would matter, I know its easier said then done but hell if you have a problem or a flaw you know about it, why pretend nobody else does? if its something u cant control then y should it bother you?

I have a big forehead, not hhh big but big, people rip on me for it and it doesn't bother me one bit, I have a sticky up nose and I don't care if ppl say anything about that, I know these things ive accepted them and im comfortable with it? I don't get when you mention someone being fat who is clearly obese and they get upset as if they didn't know they were fat? like cop on, if you don't like it do something about it, if your too lazy then learn to live with it.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I don't know if this bugs any of you but I really hate how uptight ppl have become in society nowadays. From pretty much every one and their mother bashing Miley Cyrus for being sexually provocative(like if she is the first pop artist do that) to pretty much everyone forcing their beliefs down other ppl's throats. Its not just on the internet this is happening its happening everywhere. Why are ppl so damn serious and easily offended these days? Take a damn chill pill and stop taking life so seriously.
I agree just one of the those periods O guess things were a lot different 10 years ago.
Yepp its better to be a rebel than follow the herd. If that made no sense I am sorry. Attitude Era 4 life
Absolutely agree

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've heard a lot more people saying that they're sick of the Miley Cyrus controversy than I've actually heard say she did anything wrong. Reactions have overwhelmingly been "Yeah, saw this coming."

No. Political Correctness hasn't gone too far. People just don't appreciate that they have to think about what they're saying now instead of not having to learn some empathy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts