Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
1990's WWF Title - 2010 WWE Title
1990's IC Title - 2010 WHC
1990's European - 2010 US/IC
European is normally less than US/IC but it was more when Miz was carrying the US title & not defending it

WHC is far more than IC and almost equal to WWE

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd agree the European should be less than the IC title. However, the IC/US title isn't defended like it was in the '80s (Savage vs Steamboat) '90s (HBK, Razor, Diesel). HBK and Razor's ladder match if held today would had been more for the WHC title than the IC title.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
You want to know how WWE ranks the titles or how the internet ranks the titles?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Every title sucks except the winged title. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You want to know how WWE ranks the titles or how the internet ranks the titles?
More how the titles of today compare to the titles with the same names from the '90s.

Just looking at the titles today it would be
WWE, WHC
US, IC
Tag
with whichever happens to be RAW after the draft being ranked higher.

In the '90s there weren't two world titles so the IC title while being mid card still was worth more than it is today.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,816 Posts
Tag titles shouldn't even rank because they pretty much mean nothing. The tag team division is practically non-existant and it's laughable how many times we have even seen the titles since they debuted the new (ugly) ones.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
1990's WWF Title - 2010 WWE Title
1990's IC Title - 2010 WHC
1990's European - 2010 US/IC
Based by today's system, I'd say that's pretty accurate. The WWE title is always going to be held in the highest regard, even though the WHC is supposed to be equivalent.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
You're reading too much into it. It's as simple as this - World Titles now = World Title then, IC Title/US Title now = IC title then.

It's really not that hard to understand. You have the main title and the midcard title on each show - same format as it was for the single branded product in the 90s.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're reading too much into it. It's as simple as this - World Titles now = World Title then, IC Title/US Title now = IC title then.

It's really not that hard to understand. You have the main title and the midcard title on each show - same format as it was for the single branded product in the 90s.
Then where are the PPV show stealers for the midcard titles? Byran vs Dolph or HBK vs Razor?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Its a huuuge difference between IC title then and now!
In 90`s it was wort like WHC ^^ there was awesome matches not little shitty matches like Dolph Vs Kofi.

It is even a bigger difference in the tag division! Miss the old times.

These days wrestling isnt as exciting as 90-2003 IMO

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
WWE title looks too tacky, despite the fact I never watched WCW I still personally hold the WHC title in higher regard just becausenI can't take the WWE one seriously. Same as the Divas and new tag titles. I know its all about selling Merch but they're pissing on the history [/rant]

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
WHC is far more than IC and almost equal to WWE
far from it im afraid, its still the WCW belt. In fact i wouldn't be suprised if Hornswoggle won it but not the other belt, i wonder:rolleyes:.......

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the names World Heavyweight Championship should have more value than the local company's title (WWE) Championship but as long as the WHC title is on SmackDown it won't have as much weight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts