Wrestling Forum banner

Is this era is going to be viewed with any reverence whatsoever in ten years time???

4109 Views 59 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  Dyl
Whenever there's a DVD release - unless it's a current superstar's anthology set or something like that - it's always a release that celebrates years past. Either it's something historical, or something from the golden age, etc. etc. Then you got guys like Austin and The Rock who are still being put over as living legends to this day. All in all, the WWE puts an awful lot of time into trying to sell us on the fact that it's past was so great and memorable.

Assuming the WWE is still even around in ten years, is there anything about the modern era that's going to be fondly remembered? I don't see it. I see it suffering the same fate as the New Generation... rarely mentioned and often overlooked.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Re: Is this era is going to be viewed with any reverence whatsoever in ten years time

That all depends. The past almost always looks better than the future the "new generation era" is overlooked because it was sandwiched in between the Golden Age and the Attitude Era that era still produced some great stuff.
This era will definitely be remembered for the stars that are born during it. And wwe will definitely be around in 10 years why wouldn't it be? Vince dying could probably be the death knell but I don't think he would leave the company in non-capable hands

· Registered
3 Posts
Re: Is this era is going to be viewed with any reverence whatsoever in ten years time

i couldn't agree more. this is the worst the WWE has been in the 15 yrs I have been watching it.
It all starts with the commentators. Michael Cole makes me want to quit watching altogether. TNA has them beat with Tenay and Tazz. Bring back Joey Styles so we can actually hear a man call the moves.
the "face" of the organization is a no-talent brawler by the name of John Cena, that cannot even dignify himself to wear appropriate ring attire- not to mention having desecrated the WWE belt to the spinny disgrace that the Miz carries around. Do you think the Rock, Bret Hart or Hulk would have carried that crap around?

· Registered
2,419 Posts

i couldn't agree more. this is the worst the WWE has been in the 15 yrs I have been watching it.
It all starts with the commentators. Michael Cole makes me want to quit watching altogether. TNA has them beat with Tenay and Tazz. Bring back Joey Styles so we can actually hear a man call the moves.
the "face" of the organization is a no-talent brawler by the name of John Cena, that cannot even dignify himself to wear appropriate ring attire- not to mention having desecrated the WWE belt to the spinny disgrace that the Miz carries around. Do you think the Rock, Bret Hart or Hulk would have carried that crap around?
What makes you think they would have any choice in the matter?

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts

with all these best of Raw 2009/2010 and best matches of 2009/2010 im starting to think that wwe is trying to sell this era as much as possible tbh i wish they would make the best of the attitude era dvd

· Registered
508 Posts

with all these best of Raw 2009/2010 and best matches of 2009/2010 im starting to think that wwe is trying to sell this era as much as possible tbh i wish they would make the best of the attitude era dvd
even if they did it would be littered with blurred out logos and all sorts of edits so the wwe can rewrite history

· Banned
4,575 Posts

They have to blur out logos because they can't use the WWF name anymore. What has that got to do with rewriting history?
Ignorant trolls ftw.

This era has had its fair share of highlights. Hart, Nexus, Shawn/Taker, etc.

· Registered
3,216 Posts

this era has been prolly the worst since the wwf went national

in my mind nothing in this era is memorable
Oh Please. The WWF during 1994 and 1995 was absolutely terrible. TERRIBLE. Today's show is better than that craptacular. And for those who want to argue-- what year did the arguably worst WrestleMania happen in? That's right 1995. That year sucked and so did 1994. You could even argue 93 was terrible too.

Or what about the title reign of doom that had HHH burying the entire roster in 2003/2004? Your going to tell me television (when it was at a spectacular low ratings wise) was better than this generation?

Yeah open your damn eyes.

· Registered
241 Posts

This era sucks, it wont be remembered, just like everything like in this whole era sucks

music, movies, wrestling, man i miss the old days

· Registered
508 Posts

Oh Please. The WWF during 1994 and 1995 was absolutely terrible. TERRIBLE. Today's show is better than that craptacular. And for those who want to argue-- what year did the arguably worst WrestleMania happen in? That's right 1995. That year sucked and so did 1994. You could even argue 93 was terrible too.

Or what about the title reign of doom that had HHH burying the entire roster in 2003/2004? Your going to tell me television (when it was at a spectacular low ratings wise) was better than this generation?

sure 1994 and 1995 were bad but even then you had entertaining angles and good wrestlers led by hall hbk nash sid and the harts

i dont agree though on 2003 and 2004 though, sure hhh was on top but at least television was compelling then, you had austin as gm and he was great on a weekly basis and you had smackdown which was awesome back then

nowadays you have raw which is average at best and smackdown which has been reduced to velocity plus edge

i watch raws and ppvs from 10 years ago alot lately and i just shake my head wondering how wrestling has fallen so bad

· Registered
545 Posts

LMFAO you're saying 2003/2004 is worse than today? :lmao

· Registered
20,997 Posts

Nostalgia makes people forget a lot of the bad of almost any era.

· Registered
3,216 Posts

sure 1994 and 1995 were bad but even then you had entertaining angles and good wrestlers

i dont agree though on 2003 and 2004 though, sure hhh was on top but at least television was compelling then, you had austin as gm and he was great on a weekly basis and you had smackdown which was awesome back then

nowadays you have raw which is average at best and smackdown which has been reduced to velocity plus edge

i watch raws and ppvs from 10 years ago alot lately and i just shake my head wondering how wrestling has fallen so bad
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that the title reign of doom, plus Bradshaw (JBL hadn't been fully developed yet) being thrusted into the title picture turned A LOT of fans off--especially the casual fans.

There were some damn good matches yes, but you don't see many people on here remembering the "Era After Attidude" or collectively known as the "Brand Split" era now do you?

Nope.

· Registered
508 Posts

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that the title reign of doom, plus Bradshaw (JBL hadn't been fully developed yet) being thrusted into the title picture turned A LOT of fans off--especially the casual fans.

There were some damn good matches yes, but you don't see many people on here remembering the "Era After Attidude" or collectively known as the "Brand Split" era now do you?

Nope.
03-04 wasnt stellar but compared to todays wwe its light years ahead

· Registered
713 Posts

15 years from now people will wonder why future legends The One Man Rock Band,Primo,DH Smith,Tyson Kidd,Chris Masters and Zack Ryder were being held back by those at the top of the roster just like in retrospect many wonder why 15 years ago Rey, Eddie,Benoit,Jericho,Alex Wright were being shackled at the lower and midcard by people who's talent no longer meritted being in the main event scene.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.