Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just wondering if anyone thinks CM Punks feel turn is a temporary measure for his feud against John Cena, obviously WWE have thought that face Vs Face wasn't going to work so maybe a temporary heel turn was needed.

CM Punk has needed some validation for his title run as he has been taken for granted and become a bit wishy washy, people have been calling for Punk to regain his intensity for a long time now and this is what they have done.

Possibly this feud is all about showing Punk can hang with the guys at the top and put him over as a non push over and a legit bad ass who wont take any shit, then if he was turned face again once this feud has ended especially if he beats Cena clean then it would elevate Punk to a long reigning bad ass champ who takes no shit.

I just find it strange that they would keep him heel or a long period of time, especially with how popular he is as heel and the amount of merch he shifts as well as a DVD release and being on the front of WWE 13.

· I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,488 Posts
He is going to be a heel against The Rock as well come January (he likely ahve the title back by than after a little hot potato with Cena). And depending on his WM opponent who knows.

· Registered
5,768 Posts
He beat Lawler on Raw with the Rock Bottom. They're doing it in preparation for a match with The Rock.
Was that a Rock Bottom? I initially thought so but as it led into the AV, I assumed it was just a set up judo throw-type thing.

I do however, see CM Punk being the bad guy until at least Wrestlemania. It's heavily rumoured Austin has one last match in him, and you cannot be a face against somebody like him, so a heel punk going against Austin at next years 'Mania would be great.

To solidify his turn though, Punk needs to carry on the way he is; taking out Lawler, bad mouthing The Rock and then steadily moving onto beating up somebody like Kofi to prove he is 100% villain.

· Registered
7,009 Posts
Was that a Rock Bottom? I initially thought so but as it led into the AV, I assumed it was just a set up judo throw-type thing.

I do however, see CM Punk being the bad guy until at least Wrestlemania. It's heavily rumoured Austin has one last match in him, and you cannot be a face against somebody like him, so a heel punk going against Austin at next years 'Mania would be great.

To solidify his turn though, Punk needs to carry on the way he is; taking out Lawler, bad mouthing The Rock and then steadily moving onto beating up somebody like Kofi to prove he is 100% villain.
The setup was really long, and Lawler really obviously slapped Punk to indicate that he was ready to jump.

It kinda looked like a RB, but what do I know

· Registered
2,648 Posts
I am just seeing where this goes. I think the heel turn is because he is going to be in matches with babyfaces at WreslteMania and Royal Rumble (The Rock)

He beat Lawler on Raw with the Rock Bottom. They're doing it in preparation for a match with The Rock.
I did not see that as a Rock-Bottom the first time I watched it (rewatched it when mentioned), for years he has led up to the vice with someone upright like that, although he did make it more Rock-Bottom-eque.

· Banned
498 Posts
Anyone considered that Punk might drop the title to Cena, and we'll have Cena v Rock II at the Rumble for the strap, meanwhile Punk wins the Rumble and faces Rocky at Mania for the strap?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.