Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the length of this. I apologize in advance...

I didn't see Lockdown, but from what I gather, it was near train-wreck, bad. So let's see if I understand this. Ratings are .99-1.03. PPV buys we can assume are not exactly stunning #'s, and why? Well...I don't know if we could ever have the exact reason, other than to put it this way. The product is just bad. Wrestling isn't "popular" right now and ratings are down for WWE as well, but they are still pulling 3.0-3.5's. That's not exactly "bad." In fact, it's pretty good all things considered. Knowing their product (TNA) is struggling, they had the chance to put on a great PPV tonight, with possibly one of their BEST builds to a title match ever. Did they deliver? No. They failed. Yes, the crowd is to blame...partially, and keeping the title on Roode until Slami X might be the plan, the bottom line is they killed what little momentum they had. It's just a bad product. Here's the kicker. Go to www.impactwrestling.com. What are they hyping for Impact on Thursday? Hogan to make a "major announcement" and more from Bitchoff. Really? Is there no learning curve here? WE DON'T CARE ABOUT HOGAN/BITCHOFF. Your ratings, ppv buys, and apparently now your half full dead as a door nail live crowd is the proof. What more do you need to "get it?" TNA can turn around. The question is, is it too little too late?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize I sound negative here, but I actually want TNA to grow. I want them to succeed. I just don't see it happening. It's a shame. They have such talent, and it's being wasted. The main event scene w/Roode/Storm just lost any momentem they had. Now it's like, "who cares?" If they drop the title on Impact tomorrow, I'm taking a loooooong break from TNA, because that would be a slap in the face to those who paid $ to see this. (and we all know they would never do such a thing like a title change on impact for free....cough, cough) They came off tonight for what they are (as much as I hate to admit it) A second-rate, low budget wrestling promtion.

I take it back. Make it a third rate promotion. ROH will be #2 sooner than later. At least they TRY to advertise and put on a good product.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
stop trying to figure this company out...youll get a brain aneurysm...after lockdown tna will be pushing rvd to the top and very likely will be setting up a flair-hogan match for either slammiversary or bfg ...so there is what you have to look forward 2 ...about as exciting as watching paint dry

in all honesty how this company survived 10 years is an absolute miracle . without dixie "dumbass" carter daddys money this company would have went bankrupt a long time ago...people say look how far theyve come in 10 years . i say if someone competent was in charge tna could have gotten huge . but as long as dixie carter is there tna will always be underachievers with the roster and money they have at their disposal

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stop trying to figure this company out...youll get a brain aneurysm...after lockdown tna will be pushing rvd to the top and very likely will be setting up a flair-hogan match for either slammiversary or bfg ...so there is what you have to look forward 2 ...about as exciting as watching paint dry

in all honesty how this company survived 10 years is an absolute miracle . without dixie "dumbass" carter daddys money this company would have went bankrupt a long time ago...people say look how far theyve come in 10 years . i say if someone competent was in charge tna could have gotten huge . but as long as dixie carter is there tna will always be underachievers with the roster and money they have at their disposal

Hahahaha! IF they do Hogan/Flair. I will be officially DONE with TNA. I hate to say that, I do. But if the 10year show is overshadowed by Hogan/Flair and the proper respect isn't shown to the guys that build this company, I'm switching to the "E." And I DON'T want to do that, but they leave me no choice. If I win the lotto, I'm starting my own promotion.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

I didn't see Lockdown, but from what I gather, it was near train-wreck, bad. So let's see if I understand this. Ratings are .99-1.03. PPV buys we can assume are not exactly stunning #'s, and why? Well...I don't know if we could ever have the exact reason, other than to put it this way. The product is just bad. Wrestling isn't "popular" right now and ratings are down for WWE as well, but they are still pulling 3.0-3.5's. That's not exactly "bad." In fact, it's pretty good all things considered. Knowing their product (TNA) is struggling, they had the chance to put on a great PPV tonight, with possibly one of their BEST builds to a title match ever. Did they deliver? No. They failed. Yes, the crowd is to blame...partially, and keeping the title on Roode until Slami X might be the plan, the bottom line is they killed what little momentum they had. It's just a bad product. Here's the kicker. Go to www.impactwrestling.com. What are they hyping for Impact on Thursday? Hogan to make a "major announcement" and more from Bitchoff. Really? Is there no learning curve here? WE DON'T CARE ABOUT HOGAN/BITCHOFF. Your ratings, ppv buys, and apparently now your half full dead as a door nail live crowd is the proof. What more do you need to "get it?" TNA can turn around. The question is, is it too little too late?
The product isn't bad, it was just a few weeks ago everyone was saying how Impact has improved which it has.

The live crowd was poor, sometimes you get a shitty live audience. WWE get's shitty crowds sometimes too it happens.

You don't care about Hogan and Bischoff, fine but there are others who do.

The ratings stumbled this past week, they've stumbled before and usually rebound. It could be a one week anamoly.

If it becomes a pattern and TNA contines under the 1 range and continues to drop THEN you have a problem.

And don't see how the PPV failed, Roode-Storm was a good match, Hardy-Angle was a good match, Lethal Lockdown was good for what it was, the Tag Title match was enjoyable.

Don't know what people expect when they watch a PPV but by today's standards it was a decent to good show.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
A satisfying ending. However those are left for Impact in the main.
Yeah because no major event in the history of wrestling has ever ended with a heel getting a cheap win.

I still say if they do the James Storm win at Slammiversary it will make for a better story.

James Storm a guy who wrestled on the very first TNA show winning the World Title from his arch enemy at the Company's 10 year anniversary show.

If they do that, it could be an even bigger moment than if he won it at Lockdown.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

I didn't see Lockdown, but from what I gather, it was near train-wreck, bad. So let's see if I understand this. Ratings are .99-1.03. PPV buys we can assume are not exactly stunning
This is the exact problem with wrestling fans these days.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Huh? What do you mean exactly? "What" is the problem with "wrestling fans?"
I'm guessing it probably means you are going on large assumptions rather than having watched the show. Crowd at Lockdown was horrible but the show wasn't that bad and the people bitching about he finish are the same type who bitched about BFG and Roode losing to Angle.

They fly off the handle fast and rarey wait for the bigger picture. Those fair weather fans are whats wrong with wrestling right now.

·
Registered
851 Posts
A satisfying ending. However those are left for Impact in the main.
Why did the satisfying ending have to be Lockdown? I see no reason why it can't be Slammiversary or Bound For Glory.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts