Wrestling Forum banner

Is there anything that would make you stop watching WWE programming.

5004 75
Not sure if this has been done before but if it has I apologize.

I'm guessing we've all had those moments when we see something on Raw or Smackdown or whatever and we start whining and promising that that was the final straw and we're never going to watch WWE again, Only to tune in ont he next episode anyway pretty much forgetting our promise.

Now my question is, is there ANYTHING that the WWE could do to make you stop watching their shows?

On a personal note, no I doubt WWE could do anything that bad, even though some of the thing they do annoy the crap out of me.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
39,577 Posts
After the shit that was Raw 2009, I pretty much have. Every so often when I hear of something that seems interesting, I will tune in. But that few and far between.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Already have. Last time I watched Raw was sometime in early 2010, something about Taker and Michaels. Since there i tuned in about 5 seconds through channel surfing.

Now if you're asking WWE die hards, I don't think will stop watching even if Hornswoggle and Stephanie McMahon were headlining every card.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's true. Reminds of something from Jim Herd era WCW.

Don't know why they don't have Vince McMahon appear via satellite whenever a decision needs to be made. Would be a lot less annoying and more believable.
I honestly don't think the WWE creative team has even decided on a general manager. I have a glimmer of hope considering Edge is still feuding with the computer, though.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Unfortunately I pretty have completely over this past year :( Just finally doesn't have the same star power and appeal it once had. I still like to follow and stay updated on the forums though, can't completely forget about wrestling.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
On the top of my head I don't think I'll completely ever quit watching WWE's product. While I doubt that I will be as big of a fan as I once was in the past. It's still something that I will always be a fan of. Really the only way to get me turned away from a brand would be to put the world championship on Hornswoggle. In that case I probably wouldn't watch Raw or SmackDown until he dropped it. Other than world championship victories come and go, so anybody else I wouldn't care that much about. However, looking at the product from the mid 90s to around 2002 the product will easily never be the same to me that much is for sure. So long story short I won't quit watching WWE or at least not anytime soon. They do things that I don't like personally as a fan, but it'll pass eventually.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,368 Posts
Simple Answer: No.

I'm sure I will always have a place in my heart for WWE and wrestling as a whole. I don't follow it nearly as much as in the past but I believe that has to do with their target market being children and young teens. It's almost become more of a guilty-pleasure for me since I really don't know anybody who watches it anymore. The fact I am 24 and still find interest in it no matter how stale or starless it becomes leads me to believe that won't change due to some random event I don't like.

·
Banned
361 Posts
Deuce and Domino. As soon as they made their debut on Smackdown, I actually quit watching wrestling for a while. It was already pretty bad, but when those two untalented fuckwits came out in that stupid gimmick I just switched off completely. CM Punk's heel turn in 2009 was what really got me back into WWE.
Yeah, they basically stopped me from watching wrestling for about two years.

·
Registered
749 Posts
No, I don't think so. In fact, I'm the kind of guy who loves "so bad it's good" kind of television and movies, so the more ridiculously awful that the WWE got, the more intrigued I'd probably be. That mindset is the reason that I'm a TNA fan.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.