Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, is there? Give me something here.

You could argue Sting but everyone knows Sting is an old fuck and is way past his prime which lessens the mystique and interest for him.

Like would you honestly suggest to a friend to watch RAW to see something "awesome" nowadays?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'd tell them to watch the Triple Threat at the Royal Rumble to start off with and then maybe watch Balor, Zayn, Neville and Owens in NXT.

Lesnar, Wyatt, Rollins and Ambrose are good viewing, provided they're booked well.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,753 Posts
Not really, no. I showed my friend who used to watch wrestling the Rollins/Lesnar RR match and he enjoyed that. But there's nothing currently in WWE that would make him want to tune in to Raw.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
There is plenty of wrestling out there my friend..

If you want to stick with the WWE product just watch NXT... 1 hour of good programming which passes by so quickly..

Now if you need more i suggest to you to start Lucha Underground,the AXS version of NJPW with the amazing commentary by Josh Barnett and Mauro Ranallo...

3 hours of good wrestling programming a week are enough...

Reactions: Lariatoh! and TJQ

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd tell them to watch the Triple Threat at the Royal Rumble to start off with and then maybe watch Balor, Zayn, Neville and Owens in NXT.

Lesnar, Wyatt, Rollins and Ambrose are good viewing, provided they're booked well.
Couldn't have said it better.

Reactions: BrettSK

·
Registered
637 Posts
:eli3Yea man you should watch Raw!!! It's like it was back in the day. We get to see Triple H, Kane, Big Show, Undertaker, and if we are lucky The Rock and Hogan.

Reactions: TheLooseCanon

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is plenty of wrestling out there my friend..

If you want to stick with the WWE product just watch NXT... 1 hour of good programming which passes by so quickly..

Now if you need more i suggest to you to start Lucha Underground,the AXS version of NJPW with the amazing commentary by Josh Barnett and Mauro Ranallo...

3 hours of good wrestling programming a week are enough...
I watch NXT and I have been watching NJPW off and on for years now with recently picking it up in it's Renaissance era so to speak.

Lucha Underground is good but I need to catch up on it.

Again we're talking about WWE here. What in WWE would be appealing to someone who enjoyed it "back in the day"?

I could tell them favorites. There are a tons of great wrestlers in the company, but every single one of them including top guys are consistently booked badly.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Absolutely not. I'd tell them I envy their ability to stay away from wrestling because that's what I wish I could do if it wasn't such a habit. (even if I don't watch the current product other than reading results)

·
Midcard Minivan
6,721 Posts
Like would you honestly suggest to a friend to watch RAW to see something "awesome" nowadays?
No lol. I'd tell them to just watch the PPVs as they usually have one or two above average matches.

Bunch of other shit I'd recommend over RAW.

·
Registered
637 Posts
:eli3 Yo did you hear Sting is in WWE now?

:westbrook3 I know you white as fuck, but you still watch wrestling?

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
I'd tell him/her/they that the calibre of matches available these days is of a very high standard due to the amount of great workers in WWE currently - Rollins, Ziggler, Ambrose, Lesnar, Wyatt, Bryan, Zayn, Neville to name a few.

The rumble WWE title match is a perfect example.

The overall booking isn't great with creative/Vince consistently getting it wrong with regards to appeasing the fans: RR 2014 & 2015 are also prime examples.

However NXT is on the up and there are reasons to be positive with some great emerging talents.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I watch NXT and I have been watching NJPW off and on for years now with recently picking it up in it's Renaissance era so to speak.

Lucha Underground is good but I need to catch up on it.

Again we're talking about WWE here. What in WWE would be appealing to someone who enjoyed it "back in the day"?

I could tell them favorites. There are a tons of great wrestlers in the company, but every single one of them including top guys are consistently booked badly.
And they will be booked badly in the future... Today's product it's in so badly state...

All their stupid decisions caught up with them and finally people got tired to give them chances...

Personally i don't know why i bother watching anymore... Maybe because favorites of mine are still on the show but it's so fucking disheartening to keep them suffering those stupid booking decisions...

I expected once the show was on the ROTW to get better but yeah nothing has changed...

Maybe in the 5 weeks after fastlane the show will get better but right now there is nothing to recommend you in the main roster shows.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Nothing other than NXT or New Japan. The main roster is just way too fucking rubbish for me to recommend to anyone

Reactions: JamesK and TJQ

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is honestly the first time in years where RAW during WM season has become must-miss TV. Even the shows where Ambrose was pulling pranks on Rollins was more fun than this and RAW was in a slump then.

·
Heath Slater's Personal Roadie
2,711 Posts
I don't even watch WWE anymore, just got sick and tired of the terrible storylines and crappy wrestlers getting pushes. If I was recommending wrestling to a friend, I'd say watch ROH, Lucha Underground, NXT and NJPW on AXS. That's a good solid 4 hours of wrestling a week without getting your intelligence insulted. This is how I got a few of my friends back into wrestling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.