Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

Murder, rape and pedophelia gets punished most of the time. And no one ever sees plain as day rape, murder and child molesting and tries to justify it, hand wave it, ignore it or relish in it. But to this very day, people still push back whenever racism is involved. There's always a but involved when people point it out. Look no further than the Tessa Blanchard situation.

Tell me if any of these sound familiar.

"Well he looked the part." "It's just a word, no harm done." "That's one big bad dude." "What are THEY doing in this (area, neighborhood, store), "They all look alike" "Shut up and dribble" "All Lives Matter" "MY DAUGHTER IS NOT DATING A GOD DAMNED......!!!!"

I could go on and on all day. Double standards, police brutality, prejudicial hiring, lending and housing practices and harmful stereotypes are still prevalent and affect so many people but it goes by and people get bent out of shape and start deflecting or worse.
That's understandable. We all have our signature issues that bother us.

I went to Catholic School as a kid. Later on I was hearing about all the pedophilia accusations. At first I thought the Church was being framed by bad people. When I found out how much truth there were to the claims I felt betrayed and angry. I was full of hate for the Church. The hate inside wasn't constructive or healthy to me as it did not change anything. I deal with my feelings by having nothing to do with the Catholic Church and occasionally trying to engage people in conversation about their evil. If I can peel anyone away from them I feel that is the most healthy and constructive way. BTW, how many child raping priests escape incarceration because they can hide behind a wall of money taken from donations intended to help the poor? In 2007, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles under the watch of Cardinal Mahoney paid out a $660,000,000 sexual abuse settlement to 508 victims.

·
Registered
507 Posts
In the past. Ain't got time for that anymore and I realized later that the people who did me wrong are fucked in the head with so many personal problems I just feel bad for them now.

A lot of people I would love to smack. Hate is reserved for murderers and people who do fucked up things.

·
Premium Member
10,715 Posts
Hopefully, you don't believe that all religious people are "brainwashed," because that simply isn't true, and this is coming from one of the least religious people you'll run across.
def not all. I’m agnostic myself. I’ve had nice convos with some religious people. I’m talking about brainwashed idiots that end up worshipping some guy who speaks in the name of god and the retards believe him.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,873 Posts
def not all. I’m agnostic myself. I’ve had nice convos with some religious people. I’m talking about brainwashed idiots that end up worshipping some guy who speaks in the name of god and the retards believe him.
For sure. In particular, the mega-church industry is a disgrace and has practically nothing to do with faith or the J-Man's message.

·
Banned
495 Posts
If you hate me, I'll live in your mind. If you love me, I'll live in your heart. I hate haters. Does that make me a hypocrite?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I've hatred too much that It's worthless for me. I'd prefer to forgive than destroy my life.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,304 Posts
It's not that I can't stand brexiteers, but some are rather annoying to the core.

We lost those of us that voted for remain , but I'm not moaning far from , I'm just sad that we are leaving Europe.

If the current state of this country is anything to go off then we are in for a miserable time in the next few years ....

Off too Amsterdam I go , for the foreseeable future till there's another labour government and no not a left wing one either , a centrist one with ideas on how to fix an economy, once we have left for good.

Sad times await .

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Hate is a word that has lost so much meaning in the current year social media hysteria.. but..

There is one man.. one particular corporate suit that I wish I could erase his very existence, make his very birth never occur and that man is Les Moonves. He is the epitome of human festering corporate rot.

Aside from that.. I generally try to live and let live.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts